Fulham (A) - Sun 30th April, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the team is in a different place now. I think, in watching the America, NBC broadcast of the game. It was either Graham Le Saux, Lee Dixon or Peter Drury - after the 3rd goal - they said City smelled fear. And I think that's accurate. This team knows when their opponent is rattled. And they try to go in for the kill. Instinct.

While I do think there is always a chance of an upset - especially away - I think we are starting to peak. The players can smell it. And I think there are so many ways this team can line up - teams they play simply do not know how to strategize against us. This was very clear in the game against Arsenal. Our talent and Pep's ability to offer one wrinkle to an otherwise straightforward lineup/strategy really causes problems.

One thing I will say is that - I think Chelsea tie Arsenal. And if they do, Arsenal is done. Chelsea won't lose the rest of their games. They will find a way to keep Arsenal out. We took Arsenal's belief. Chelsea will take their spirit. Newcastle will take their hearts. And that will be that.
No then we will take our title my friend and that will be that!

We didn't even create chances back then!
Different eras different tactics. Back then we didn't much quality and had really low expectations. We'll see at half time vs Fulham if we really are in a clinical mood.

Last edited:
I like the way Pep kept talking about the Forest game. No doubt he has done the same to the players.

Fulham are a decent well coached side who will deservedly finish in the top half, we should still have enough. As ever away from home it’s about giving the home crowd very little, score early, control the match and make it miserable for the locals. We have been then enough to get the win, as long as we are focused and in the zone we should win.

The days of Pep "making too many tweaks" seem to have gone ... he has rarely played anything other than his strongest team this season ?

So I think / hope we'll go strong again tomorrow. Could better afford to rest a couple of players v West Ham, since it's a home game ?

So I think / hope we'll go strong again tomorrow. Could better afford to rest a couple of players v West Ham, since it's a home game ?
I agree, 1st team again. Maybe start with Mahrez for this one.
when were 2 goals up out Gundo as DM and take off Rodri. Take Kev off for Bernado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.