• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson
Akanji, Dias, Laporte
Stones, Rodri
Mahrez, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish
Haaland

Chance to finally go top. Cannot undo the fantastic performances lately by slacking here. Expect a couple of changes but not loads. Laporte probably comes in. Our best options seem to be in the forward positions and that's the area that needs changing the least, it's midfield where we need alternatives. I expect Bernardo to be pushed off wing duty back into midfield so he can be part of the rotation to ensure whoever needs resting in there gets it which opens up a spot for probably mahrez. Foden could easily come in for grealish too.

ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Laporte
Rodri
Bernardo
Kdb
Mahrez
Foden
Haaland.

Get the job done early, then utilise the bench. Fulham are a decent side but European football is a stretch too far for them now and relegation is no concern, so they've got very little to play for, can't underestimate them, they're good enough to take points but they shouldn't be a stiff obstacle in current form. The psychological edge finally going top will have on arsenal will be significant
Arsenal battered these a month ago so it should be business as usual. Only one or 2 players to maybe have a couple of long range efforts. Winding down for their holidays now.

I'd rest KDB and Gundogan. I think Foden and Alvarez can do the job in terms of linking with Haaland. And if it's not working they come in fresh to kill a tired Fulham.

Also I'd leave Walker out even though he played really well last night ... I'd prefer Laporte's distribution In these type of games.

Also Bernardo must be shattered so it'd be great to rest him a bit.

................... Ederson .................
.....Akanji ..... Dias ....... Laporte
.........Stones ........Rodri.............
Mahrez Foden Alvarez Grealish
................... Haaland ..................

All that said this is a must win game.

Just as a matter of curiosity, I looked up the starting 11 the last time we visited Craven Cottage for a League game, back on March 23, 2021, so just over two years ago:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Laporte
Rodri
Bernardo

Mendy
Jesus
Aguero
Torres

Those in bold remain but I think both sides will be much changed from then.

A lot had a rest against Sheffield United which is huge at this time of the season. Only De Bruyne and Gundogan looked fatigued. The others were fine, and both were able to come off. We could rest Gundo by switching Bernardo more central and playing Foden/Mahrez wide right instead. De Bruyne hopefully can come off after 70 minutes with the job done.

One game at a time for now. The next three are critical in the league. We can only think about Real if we're 4-0 up against Leeds with 30mins left.

Huge Game! personally dont want too much rotation, I think the game to rotate Is Leeds at home, Craven cottage is a tight pitch id prefer to start strong get a couple goals in front and make changes around 60 mins, Pep and his staff know best. I think we all saw last night that from now till end of the season we're playing againts the PGMOL too.

Massive. Win our next 4 against Fulham, West Ham, Leeds, Everton and then we can start talking about resting players imo. Full steam ahead until then

I see Kev, Gundy & Grealish sitting this out. They have played a lot recently

Foden, Mahrez & Phillips to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.