Fulham fans - smallest ever away following?

Is this thread to make us feel better about 24,000 turning up last night. A comfort thread so to speak.

Spurs took over 2000 to Preston North End. Spurs and Arsenal's away support blows Fulham, Chelsea & West Ham out the window

lancs blue said:
droylsdenblue said:
I remember Coventry bringing about 20 to Maine Road once, and they had the whole of the Platt Lane!

Speaking of low crowds.
Does anyone realise that Chelsea have had a Premier League crowd below 10,000, against Coventry!

I can remember being at a Monday night Prem match against City at the Bridge in the 90s when the crowd only just broke 10,000.

That was a miserable night. On Sky, lost 1-0 (barely had a shot on goal)and had to endure about 150 miles of freezing fog on the drive home. Got home about 4 and up at 6 for work. Them were the days!!

bluemoonchick said:
Dont think so - we counted them and there was 121.

How bad is that!

A few round us where counting, because the game was that interesting, as there wasnt more than 100, more like 90.

just been reading through this thread,so this is what the now seat counters did before they had a pc or internet connection they sat eyes gazed at the away section counting away suporters,or are these the ancestors of the seat counter

Fair play to every single one of them, they have total respect from me.

To come all the way to Manchester for a 8pm kick-off on a weeknight to see their reserves in a league cup game is great no matter how small or big the following is!

BL2blue said:
lancs blue said:
I can remember being at a Monday night Prem match against City at the Bridge in the 90s when the crowd only just broke 10,000.

That was a miserable night. On Sky, lost 1-0 (barely had a shot on goal)and had to endure about 150 miles of freezing fog on the drive home. Got home about 4 and up at 6 for work. Them were the days!!

November 1993 - pretty sure it was a 0-0 draw. 2 days after we drew 1-1 away to Norwich. It must've been about minus 4 that night at Stamford Bridge and the football was shite. The atmosphere was crap too - I don't remember a single chant from either the Shed End or from those 400 or 500 of us stood in the away end. The only chant I heard was "Swales Out" from 20 or so City fans high up in the 3rd tier of that stand to our left.

Incidentally, according to Chelsea's programme that night, that was the last time anyone was stood on the away terrace as work was to start the following day on redeveloping it.

I remember we played plymouth on route to 80/81 fa cup final and they brought fucking thousands that day. Was a right good turn out considering they were a lot lower than they are now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.