Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Need to stop this centre back into midfield unless it’s John playing there. Much better with Kova/Rodri there instead. I knew after 5 mins Doku was the new ffs but he’ll be an exciting player to watch for sure. Great win

Did Bobb and Lewis come on at the same time? My stream froze and it looked like Bobb came on alone, which would mean we used 4 substitution windows when you’re only allowed 3. The PL app says they both came on in the 90th minute so maybe I just missed Lewis coming on.

Yes same time

If Fish Fingers wasn't interfering last year, then, by fuck, Akanji may as well been in the departure lounge at manny Airport when Ake headed the ball, cos thats the interferring benchmark I work on from now on, as far as I'm concerned!!!
It was a goal, and a cracker from Ake.
My sentiments, entirely. The Rashford onside last season has set the standard. If yer don't touch the ball, etc. And just by how much did Akanji block the view of the Dan Leno? The goalie made a complete dive in the right direction regardless of where Akanji was. Being in an offside position is no longer regarded as offside.

Two further observations - Oliver is rancid, and Marco Silva is just a moaning old canute!

Well off the pace in the first half, uncharacteristically sloppy, I've never seen us give the ball away so much. Fed up with celebrating a goal only to see "Var checking for offside" or some other shit. At least this time the decisions went our way. Fuck the wankers crying about it, even some of our own fans from the quick glance I had in the matchday thread. I present you ratface's goal at the swamp, so shut up crying.

Much better in the second half, the new kid's ball retention and pressing was spot on. Lethal finishing from Haaland again, even his penalty lol. What a dribble and cross by Gomez! Given our injuries, key players leaving and bedding new players in we can't grumble at our start.

5-1 was a bit harsh on Fulham who at least played football and didn't park the bus. Onwards and upwards!

My sentiments, entirely. The Rashford onside last season has set the standard. If yer don't touch the ball, etc. And just by how much did Akanji block the view of the Dan Leno? The goalie made a complete dive in the right direction regardless of where Akanji was. Being in an offside position is no longer regarded as offside.

Two further observations - Oliver is rancid, and Marco Silva is just a moaning old canute!
I like Marco Silva. He sets up Fulham well. Good manager, but he does need to sort his temperament out. He's gonna spend a long time sat in the stands at this rate.

Must give a mention to Gomez for the assist - what a pair of twinkle toes that was. Left two Fulham defenders dead, and very nearly buried! Worth all the bollocks getting out of the carpark. Well, no, not that good, but nearly.
Just watched that again myself, Gomez did brilliantly and it's another classic Haaland finish. In fact our striing Viking reminds me of that line from Top Gun: "If you think, you're dead". In other words, pure instinct is what matters and the world's best striker has that in abundance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.