Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Should we not have a post match thread then? All just come on and say “good 3 points” and enjoy our weekend?

I detest how people think there’s anything wrong with a dissection of a performance?

You can dissect a performance without hysterically writing/slagging off players who have won multiple championships, or players who are young and developing.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed’em, you showed’em all.
Especially the Southern Softy Cottagers. They gave us a good work out but couldn’t take us down.
Especially the know nowt media who will probably be writing us off again. Ha don’t count your chickens you codswallops.
Especially the Specsavers needing, whistle blowing so called officials. Official shiitake mushrooms, official fools, official bawheid, fraggle rocks. You still won’t accept that we are Manchester City, the best team in the land and all the world!! :-)

Well done John Boy. You should have been there from the start. :-)
never change eccles. You have cheered me up after that match.

I like Jack. I want Jack to be a success. But it's not looking good for Jack once again.

Ineffective.

But wasted out wide on the left.(attacking the South stand)
He's very much a safety first player who carries the ball up the pitch, then turns back and passes it inside.

I assume he's being told to play that way as Pep keeps picking him, but it feels like he's capable of so much more than he's currently giving, but for whatever reason it's not quite happening.

Or, alternatively, “too fucking old.”
Yeah, you can always look at it that way.

Remember Patrick Viera? When we had him he was still brilliant for 20 minutes. Further back, Freddie Hill was superb for a maximum of 45 minutes, but completely knackered after that.

Ask these sort of guys to play for 90-100 minutes and they'll be fucked long before the end. Unless you're playing the likes of Accrington Stanley.

Got away with it again for the second time this season at home against middling opposition. They beat us today and deservedly so if they could finish and Ederson didn't bail us out multiple times. Make no mistake, we've got some big issues to solve. Anybody dismissing it because it's early and we always start slow has the blinkers on. We can't control games, we cannot defend very well at all and we cannot reliably create chances for the best striker on earth.

We cannot lose the best Central midfielder on the planet for the season, have no natural alternative and yet still try and play the same way, it just won't work, you'll get an inferior imitation of the team we were and that wont cut it this season.

We need to change drastically to better suit what we do have available, we cannot have the control we are used to with the players we have so we cannot play that way. We need to find other strengths in thr squad.

In my eyes we need to quicken our game up in possession substantially, we have the players that would arguably suit this better with the likes of foden, kdb, doku and savinho behind haaland, let them take more risks, don't let their first thought be to keep the ball and we start when there's 11 men behind the ball. It'll mean less control but it should help us create much more and we compensate for less control by not throwing so many men ahead of the ball in possession, Create a solid back 4 unit that's in position when we lose it and not constantly trying to cover for one another when we lose the ball.

Good result today, it had dropped points written all other it but Pep's got a lot of work to do. Internationals have come at a good time for once.

Winning and scoring 3 when not playing well....crisis !!

Not one outfield player has hit his straps yet and the team has understandably been chopped and changed in an attempt to get everyone to the same high level of fitness and conditioning.

No team will be brilliant every game....its the long game with 31 games to play !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.