Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

IMG-20241007-WA0000.jpg

Just watched the match on the OS & Fulham were good. They had three clear cut chances to score, but profligate finishing & the brilliance of Ederson kept them at bay.

We were far better in the second half, but were under serious pressure for the last 20 minutes. However, Fulham had a clear week & we'd played away in the CL which has to be taken into consideration, as I thought our levels dropped for the final quarter of the match which is understandable.

I thought Gundog was poor in the first half, but improved after the break, but he isn't having the influence he did during our treble season.

Kovacic, Bernardo, Akanji, Gvardiol, Dias & Rico had good games, but we seemed to lack creativity through the packed central midfield areas.

Over all, I thought we deserved the win, but we couldn't complain if Fulham got a draw. Three Points is three points, & hopefully the international break will give Pep the opportunity to assess how we get around the creativity issue.

Kev will be back which will give us better options & we have to find a way to solidify our defence better than we are. Thankfully, Doku's zinger of a goal, which swerved away from Leno for effectively the winner guaranteed us a hard fought win.

I saw nothing to be pressing the panic alarm over. However, we do have big scope for improvement, but credit to Fulham for giving us a proper game all the same.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.