Fulham (H) - Post Match Thread

The strength in depth is going to give us a big advantage when the fixtures start piling up. Get the feeling we’re only just getting warmed up.

So many continue to ignore this while they fret and bite their nails about the fast starts of other sides. No side has our depth, which allows us to give quality players a rest, and gives Pep tremendous tactical flexibility.

And we’re missing arguably our best player.

433 with Sterling and Sane terrorising out wide. I think thats our best attacking formation with Kun picking up the crumbs.

Bernardo was brilliant. His ball control reminds me of his namesake.

Have to pinch myself sometimes and remind myself not to be spoilt but also such a reminder of where we’ve come too. We win 3-0, an absolute stroll yet I ended up feeling disappointed in the score line. I mean, how did we get here?! All those rainy years of wishing for a single deflected goal at main road to make the weekend slightly more bearable and here we are putting 3 away and feeling like we’ve been underwhelming
Weird times. Amazing though too!
Bernardo was sublime btw. Sane needs a bit of time but his class is so clear it’s scary

Good performance, but wasteful in front of goal and we should have scored 5 or 6. Bernardo was excellent apart from the missed chance at the end and Sterling also had a good game.

Delph was excellent and is better defensively than Mendy and I hope Pep picks Delph over Mendy when we play the Dippers.

Certainly not at our best but far too good for Fulham.

We are well ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool in most facets of the game so far this season despite being two points behind and played a side who at home will cause the rest of the premiership a lot of problems where we not anywhere near our best and deserved to win but came away with a point only.

Injuries always play a part , we have lost our most influential play maker who plays in every game if fit for the first 3 months.

I see no reason provided we keep the hunger alive why we won't win the league comfortably this season.

Liverpool while having a sounder defence and Chelsea having but their managerial problems behind them are most likely the two sides that will finish with a points total above their total last year but are well short of being the finished article.

You look at us and when we click we are far superior to Liverpool and Chelsea both in terms of quality and entertainment.

Should have scored 6-7, but 3 points is all that matters. Bernardo was exceptional. Was very disappointed to see Gundogan subbed on instead of Foden though

Very solid performance. Good goalkeeping from Fulham and a fair bit of wastefulness from us otherwise it could easily have been 6 or 7.

Hard to pick out individuals for mention as there were great performances everywhere, but Bernie, Sterling, Merlin, Ferna and Delph all standouts. Hope that the withdrawals of Kun and Delph were just precautionary.

Great win but as already pointed out we are so wasteful, it is frustrating how many times we fail to work the keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.