Fulham (H) - Post Match Thread

Yet another regulation 3-0 win. They played well in patches, and went into cruise control after the third went in - I think it's called game management these days. As others have said, it could have been 7 or 8, but good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the score down. Notable miss - our Irish Silva (Bernard O') in the second half.
One thing that really gets me is the amount of timewasting the opposition do, even when they're losing. No urgency to take kicks or throws, and the referee does bugger all to speed it up. It's as if they've only come for a small defeat.

Positives:
- Clean sheet
- Bernardo was excellent
- Sané is back
- Otamendi and Delph had good returns

Negatives:
- Foden should've gotten minutes- no excuse why not
- You could tell around 55 minutes that the goalscoring was over, players stopped trying

Two injuries sadly put pay to that. And whilst I'd like to see more of Foden, it was him or Mahrez today, Mahrez needs to find his feet.

probably not reasonable to pick holes in a comfortable 3-0 home win against a team that has spent over £100m to compete in the premier league , but we were wasteful and better teams will make us pay , having said that , its an absolute pleasure watching these players , poetry in motion. We rested / rotated players for the forthcoming Champs league games and have sent a clear message to the Dippers and the other pretenders to the crown , that the Premier league title is going knowhere.

comfortable win and we haven't hit our full stride yet. We still dont look as smooth as last yer but at times we played really well today.
Delph is definitely a better option defensively than mendy and I thought Delphi got forward well today. Both Silvas were fantastic but Bernardo edged out David - he was simply superb. Ferna looked back to his best and sterling and aguero both played well. Sane was good going forward but again I can see why Pep has issues with him as when we are out of possession he doesn't work hard enough at times.
our level dropped off with Gundogan and Mahrez coming on...thought we might get to see fodden when we went 3 up

Pep: "We had chances to score five, six, seven goals. You have to be more clinical in those situations because the contenders are tough."

Pep: "We fought a lot, we worked a lot defensively. We spoke about that a lot yesterday."#

Pep on Foden: "I feel guilty. He deserves to play, he doesn't play. But we had a problem with Sergio Aguero getting injured and we didn't want to take a risk. But he's [Foden] going to play a lot of games this season. Now we start a game every three days - he's going to play."

5 pages we're getting much too comfy.

Game was over after Dave scored, should have had 6 or so but a win is a win and the players visibly eased off with the CL game coming up.

To pick out one player....Delph.

was laughing at the fulham keeper taking his time with his goal kicks when we were 3 up, thats what we have reduced opponents to, wasting time to keep the score down

special mention for Bernardo, fantastic endeavor with bags of skill

probably not reasonable to pick holes in a comfortable 3-0 home win against a team that has spent over £100m to compete in the premier league , but we were wasteful and better teams will make us pay , having said that , its an absolute pleasure watching these players , poetry in motion. We rested / rotated players for the forthcoming Champs league games and have sent a clear message to the Dippers and the other pretenders to the crown , that the Premier league title is going knowhere.

to be fair mate, it was way too easy for the majority of the match, its no wonder the edge and focus faded as the game wore on, we were strolling for the last half hour.

i could see pep getting frustrated as we got sloppy near the end

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.