Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Lots of people criticising out defense this season, in my opinion from taking notice of our performances without NDJ, we desperatly need him back!!!
Our defense was great last year, reason being was that NDJ made the defense look very good at crucial times.. him and Vinny have been partners along time and thats why i think Vinny is having a good but tough time... he has been our best defender so far but has made some stupid mistakes!
Kolo needs to come back as well so that Lescott can have a break.. he is ot cutting it for me at the moments.. also give Savic a chance.. young but class defender!!!!!

I know its Paul Merson but he said that Man City are a world class center back short of an unbelievable side. I agree.

January transfer will see a new center back come in and a new defensive mid!

sam-caddick said:
Lots of people criticising out defense this season, in my opinion from taking notice of our performances without NDJ, we desperatly need him back!!!
Our defense was great last year, reason being was that NDJ made the defense look very good at crucial times.. him and Vinny have been partners along time and thats why i think Vinny is having a good but tough time... he has been our best defender so far but has made some stupid mistakes!
Kolo needs to come back as well so that Lescott can have a break.. he is ot cutting it for me at the moments.. also give Savic a chance.. young but class defender!!!!!

I know its Paul Merson but he said that Man City are a world class center back short of an unbelievable side. I agree.

January transfer will see a new center back come in and a new defensive mid!

Anyone else read that with an American accent??
...........No, just me then!

Do agree though ;)

Aphex said:
prairiemoon said:
LoveCity said:
Was a clear foul on Dzeko, Clattenberg would have 100% blown his whistle if it was United in red.
no doubt, it is hard to tell when viewing from behind Dzeko, but you can clearly see the impact rock through Dzeko in the frontal shot

conspiracy in football is different to you than stabbing robbers it seems..

i can't wait for them to be found out this season, it's just a waiting game really

we really need to stop taking our feet off the peddle though.
you've lost me there, fella.

I only meant to agree that it was a foul, not the comment about Clattenburg.

The season has to be looked at as a whole.. we are currently on 13pts out of 15.. if we kept that up we'd finish on 99pts.. a record.

eez normal to drop more points than we have done up to now, and still win the title.

It all turned on Micah's foul throw - as in part of both feet were not on the pitch as demonstrated by the lino stepping onto the pitch.

However look at JAR's right foot when he takes it for Fulham. He couldn't give too i a row could he?

Silva needs to shoot when in a great position too.

Got to put my two pennyworth in, Subbing Silva big mistake, but what is happening to our defence, we used to have a cracking defence, we are letting in too many goals.

Cokehead Merson's comment may have some merit.

We looked great defensively last year but a lot of that was down to the "double insurance" of De Jong + Barry making it feel like we had two sets of defenders at times.

Now with De Jong out, as with times last season when he was missing, we look not very assured defensively when we're under pressure. So if we're to keep going with just the two midfielders minus the one extra defensive player (De Jong or Barry sitting out), maybe our defence isn't as good as we thought and that position needs to be looked at in January, if not next summer. Or maybe Kolo will be wildly resurgent or Savic will be great when given a chance.

Hate to say it but might we have missed a trick not getting Phil Jones, who looks good defensively and pushing forward.

First of all, what is a 'center' back?
Next , i totally agree with all the comments about RM making crass mistakes in his substitutions. At 66 mins taking off DS for a defensive player at 2-1 up.?Pleeeese, this must be basic coaching stuff. Bobby should instill some attacking fervour into our players, i know the difference is amazing from last season, BUT it seems its all too easy for him to lapse back into that defend, defend defend mode.
Sorry RM, but i think you cost us two points today.

Mancini getting mocked and derided by the morning papers for blaming "not enough players" (midfielders). I'm finding it hard to disagree with the papers for once, Fulham had a 19-year-old midfielder come off the bench, Mancini could have used Razak if he was desperate for midfield depth.

IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
First of all, what is a 'center' back?
Next , i totally agree with all the comments about RM making crass mistakes in his substitutions. At 66 mins taking off DS for a defensive player at 2-1 up.?Pleeeese, this must be basic coaching stuff. Bobby should instill some attacking fervour into our players, i know the difference is amazing from last season, BUT it seems its all too easy for him to lapse back into that defend, defend defend mode.
Sorry RM, but i think you cost us two points today.
Cost us two points? Are you fucking thick?!

Roberto, did not cost us, anything, our players did. We can debate this if you're willing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.