Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Im glad nobody seems to be going to over the top. The only problem today was after we went 2-0 up the players thought we were going to go on and put 6 past them. Little bit more urgency throughout the game is all thats required. Also, still think Mancini dropped a bit of a bollock taking Silva off.

over the 90 minutes the draw was probably the right result, but whilst I'm glad Mancini doesnt have a go at refs like some managers would, he sounds like a proper cnut saying we don't have enough players considering no Prem manager has come close to spending what we have.

LoveCity said:
blumoonrisen said:
LoveCity said:
Zaba offers zero going forward, that is his weak point. Honestly think Kompany would have been better there

At a guess, I think stats for assists and goals would disagree..

That is a strange comment as the role they'd be playing in midfield isn't so much about goals and assists, but if you insist.

Kompany (3 seasons, in 4th now): 3 league goals, 5 league assists
Zabaleta (3 seasons, in 4th now): 3 league goals, 5 league assists

Well.. I don't think its that strange a comment.. seeing that yours is totally contradictory..

But exactly how do the official stats you took the time to find show my presumption to be wrong.. ?

Does anyone know when Jimmys back> I think he would have been perfect for the game yesterday, as we were lacking a touch in urgency and enthusiasm that he brings to the team.

blumoonrisen said:
LoveCity said:
blumoonrisen said:
At a guess, I think stats for assists and goals would disagree..

That is a strange comment as the role they'd be playing in midfield isn't so much about goals and assists, but if you insist.

Kompany (3 seasons, in 4th now): 3 league goals, 5 league assists
Zabaleta (3 seasons, in 4th now): 3 league goals, 5 league assists

Well.. I don't think its that strange a comment.. seeing that yours is totally contradictory..

But exactly how do the official stats you took the time to find show my presumption to be wrong.. ?

I don't understand your presumption. I don't believe Zaba was brought on to contribute assists or goals, nor would I expect Kompany to do either. I'd expect them to offer strong tackles, discipline, and intelligent passing in their role. Zaba did not improve the situation at all. Nor am I saying Kompany should have been put there (only musing that he might be better at it than Zaba) - I think Razak could have been on the bench and used as the backup midfielder since he is a natural and regular midfielder who can tackle and is more comfortable with the ball at his feet with a better passing range from what I have seen.

Back to my main point, I don't like Mancini complaining about "not enough players" (in midfield) when Fulham had to rely on a 19 year old (Kasami) for part of the match in midfield. It just sounds like a shallow excuse and invites the mockery its getting considering the money we have spent and the quality of our youth setup.

Its still early days.

We were bossed and overrun by their midfield for a good 25 or so minutes after the second half.
Its just playing with yaya and barry probably isn't the way to go. What with yaya tracking back to help after they manage to get into the box or barry not being fast enough to break down their attack.

It was painfully obvious that nigel de jong was missed or even milner perhaps.

Our lack of drive, intensity and concentration was a factor. It wasn't until the last 15 minutes that you could feel desperation on our part. That's what we need, granted the play wasn't great, but we need to play with a sense of urgency all the time. That's what kills off games and prevents the other team from getting a look in.

It is disapointing to drop points like this but it is inevitable, and we need to get it into perspective. The rags will drop points (anyone remember wolves last season) so we are still well and truly in it

Jumanji said:
Bazzmand Show said:
think Mancini dropped a bit of a bollock taking Silva off.
Yes, dropping Silva caused us to bottle our lead...not

No, but as soon as that happened we were 1-2 up, I thought what happens if we concede again... End of the day we should have made it 3-1 before we made changes like that, as we looked unlikely to score as soon as he came off.

i'm fully behind mancini, but does anyone think motivating players might be a weak point?

serious question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.