Fulham Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Berbatov Out Of Match

Great news. Still a top player, went to the wrong club on deadline day 2008. He would have been brilliant for City and our style of play, as opposed to the rags' 442.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
To be fair I thought his performance for Spurs in the League Cup at Eastlands in 2007 was one of the best individual performances I've ever witnessed. Spurs were down to 10 men, yet City couldn't get the ball off him.

Yep, he was a class apart that day.

One of the hardest forwards to get the ball off, like Ibrahimovic. Even while not suiting the rags' kick-and-rush 4-4-2 system he bagged joint Golden Boot with Tevez and was dropped by Baconface the season after (some managers would have been torn apart for that especially as he is 5x the player Welbeck is).

adrianr said:
That Halsey stat is ridiculous too. How could we not have won with him in charge in 15 games?!

We did win a cup game under him (Leicester) couple of years ago but in the league it's true, no win since we beat Everton in October '05. He ref'd our 1-3 home loss to Fulham when Clueless was in charge (of us).

To be fair I thought his performance for Spurs in the League Cup at Eastlands in 2007 was one of the best individual performances I've ever witnessed. Spurs were down to 10 men, yet City couldn't get the ball off him.

totally agree - he was superb that night

That's a shame, for Fulham. Great player but someone is yet to explain how he can drop in value faster than RBS shares.

Very true. I remember his performance well.

LoveCity said:
One of the hardest forwards to get the ball off, like Ibrahimovic. Even while not suiting the rags' kick-and-rush 4-4-2 system he bagged joint Golden Boot with Tevez and was dropped by Baconface the season after (some managers would have been torn apart for that especially as he is 5x the player Welbeck is).

he was dropped that same season and barely played in the second part of it. Half of those goals were in 3-4 games on the beginning of it when he scored brace few times and 5 goals vs Blackburn.

Wasn't even on the bench of CL final that year.

We have no excuse now to go and win in my opinion.

Having Berbatov out of the team has lowered their scoring chances by a large margin if you ask me, he would have scored had he played.

sam-caddick said:
We have no excuse now to go and win in my opinion.

Having Berbatov out of the team has lowered their scoring chances by a large margin if you ask me, he would have scored had he played.

Just going to lump my pay cheque on not keeping a clean sheet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.