Full backs / Wing Backs

Piece written by Sam Lee apparently

I think Pep doesn't trust Cancelo's form either which is why you see Ake there.

Cancelo's had way too long of a funk/ drop in form in which he's managed to get himself benched for Portugal, not to mention make mistakes in league which cost us points.

Maybe he just need competition to bring the best out of him and Sergio Gomez isn't doing enough of that.

Sucks but yes a left back upgrade is needed more than other spots.

P.S. I was hoping JWE would get a shot here since he has pace, size, and is an awesome prospect but something is off.. he's not fully trusted by Pep.

Guerreiro is free this summer. Fully expect us to go for that as a 'value' transfer.

The available options at LB are just dire and there aren't many who are going to be much better - those that are will cost £60m+ which is a big outlay if we are going to be putting a £120m+ marker down to get Bellingham.
fuck all value in paying his wages to sit in the physio room. Plus there's no such thing as a free transfer, just a bigger signing bonus.

Who's available I can't see a club letting their left back go in January unless their out of contract in the summer

With how bad wolves are doing, they might just want some cash to sort things out so they don't get relegated.

Think we wanted Al-Nouri back in the summer.

German clubs like to do good deals and they typically have good left backs

Piece written by Sam Lee apparently

That tweet implies Sam Lee wrote that City will try to sign a full-back in January. Thats not exactly true, he wrote that he dont think City will sign anyone. More like if he had to guess one position we could strengthen, it could be a full-back since Gomez is not fully trusted to start by Pep. These aggregators like to take things out of context to generate clicks and retweets.

I wish we'd just give Cancelo what he wants and allow him to play midfield. He's too suspect for much other than spot defensive cover but too good to not be given a role moving forward. I know it's a pipe dream but we'll likely lose 2 midfielders in the summer anyway and KDB isn't getting any younger.

I wish we'd just give Cancelo what he wants and allow him to play midfield. He's too suspect for much other than spot defensive cover but too good to not be given a role moving forward. I know it's a pipe dream but we'll likely lose 2 midfielders in the summer anyway and KDB isn't getting any younger.
He is too soft to play in midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.