Full backs / Wing Backs

What about Frimpong? Impressed at Celtic and now Leverkusen for the past few years - young, improving player that came through our academy. Would he want to come back, and is he good enough? I've only seen him a handful of times but he's always stuck out.

He also has a fun name.
Pretty sure he is Club trained, fast as lightning and is improving his touch all the time, downside is the goalpost is a better defender at least it stands up when the ball hits, his attacking is improving to the point he is outplaying Diaby so will probably not want to play RWB at his next club, we could go for the lad Tottenham bought and sent on loan to Rennes Spence another that is improving, good going forward, but i would go for Porro not a wing back but quality

We're apparently looking at Arnau Martinez from Girona, RB

edit: oops looks like this is old news

We have great success playing current formation. But I still believe that we need to buy a true left back to give more tactic flexibility to this squad. Someone who can run up and down and put a decent cross in.

Be surprised if we don't go for Raphael Guerreiro. We were heavily linked with him last summer and he'll be out of contract at the end of June, so no transfer outlay, which could be important if we are spending heavily on Gvardiol and Bellingham. Has 3 goals and 12 assists from 26 Bundesliga games this season, and he would also give us flexibility, as he is able to play both the conventional left-back role and the midfield role on the left side. Would also know Haaland, Akanji, and Bellingham (should he sign) as well as Dias and Bernardo (should he stay), so I think he would settle quickly.

Be surprised if we don't go for Raphael Guerreiro. We were heavily linked with him last summer and he'll be out of contract at the end of June, so no transfer outlay, which could be important if we are spending heavily on Gvardiol and Bellingham. Has 3 goals and 12 assists from 26 Bundesliga games this season, and he would also give us flexibility, as he is able to play both the conventional left-back role and the midfield role on the left side. Would also know Haaland, Akanji, and Bellingham (should he sign) as well as Dias and Bernardo (should he stay), so I think he would settle quickly.

On a free its a no brainer mate, as long as he understands he wont be a regular.

On a free its a no brainer mate, as long as he understands he wont be a regular.
I'd prefer might not be, though I do agree with your sentiment. One would presume that was the message that Akanji received as well, and it's certainly not prevented him cementing himself as a regular.

We took a punt on Gomez last summer and it hasn't work out for him, well not yet, so I think we could do a lot worse than loaning him to Burnley, where Kompany has experience of managing him and could utilise his versatility, and picking up Gurreiro on a free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.