Full Backs?

Alves and Marcelo represent that kind of fullback who has a COMPLETE game in every sense. They can defend, dribble, pass, shoot, cross, and have stamina to track back and forth. It makes me think of the idea that "the best fullbacks are failed wingers", both Marcelo and Alves have played as a wingers very early in their careers.

So thinking like this... what about poaching Middlesborough's Adama Traore? They will be relegated so should be easy to get him. He has lightning pace, and ridiculous dribbling. He's quite young, so I wonder if Pep can mold him into a RB. Thoughts on the crazy idea?
Yes. Absolute yes on Adama Traore as a fullback. He'll be immense

Adama Traore!? Seriously? Relegated winger as our full back?
Why not sign Seb Larson as a striker while we're at it, if the ambition is to finish somewhere between Stoke and West Brom.

Ffs, we are Manchester City, twice recent champions, richest owner in world football and with Pep Guardiola as manager! Fucking sign two from Kyle Walker, David Alaba, Fabinho, Alex Sandro or Danny Rose and don't even think about average/shit players from average/shit teams! I'm already fucking sick of Chelsea and now even Spuds being better than us, we have to improve the first team, not make more Rodwell/Sinclair/Fernando/Delph standard signings.

If we have a chance to get Dani Alves and don't jump at it, I'll be hugely disappointed. He has shown absolutely no sign of letting up at all.

There's more intelligence and ability to actually make a simple pass let alone produce any kind of end product in Titus Bramble's left bollock than there is in Traore's whole body.

But such horseshit ideas make people think they sound cool and innovative and have a better grasp on 'modern football'. Whatever helps them sleep at night.

There's more intelligence and ability to actually make a simple pass let alone produce any kind of end product in Titus Bramble's left bollock than there is in Traore's whole body.

But such horseshit ideas make people think they sound cool and innovative and have a better grasp on 'modern football'. Whatever helps them sleep at night.
I'm not sure Dax sleeps.

I'm not sure Dax sleeps.
Dude that fool has been woman commenting on everything I say for months now. I just ignore him. I sleep just fine by the way. And he is smart enough not to be direct, that way he doesn't look so stupid when the so called "unusual idea" works great.
Dude you watching Dani Alves right now? Absolutely terrorizing Monaco.
Jist finished watching. He played well but this changes very little. My issue is not that he lacks the capacity to play well, but rather that he carries the risk of breaking down. So pointing out he had a great game isn't the issue.

By the way, he wasn't half as impressive in the 2nd half. Got caught on the ball 3 times. Took a few counter attacks off. And couldn't stay with the crosser on Mbappe's goal.

It begs the question, Did he tire? And if so, was that due to age?

That said, it takes nothing away from his phenomenal game. But I'm trying to project into next February, March and April. Do I think he can handle the grind? Not so sure.

@domalino On the other side, thought Sand to was doing a good rendition of his over elaboration and a series of unintelligent decisions. He is simply not very football smart.

Adama Traore!? Seriously? Relegated winger as our full back?
Why not sign Seb Larson as a striker while we're at it, if the ambition is to finish somewhere between Stoke and West Brom.

Ffs, we are Manchester City, twice recent champions, richest owner in world football and with Pep Guardiola as manager! Fucking sign two from Kyle Walker, David Alaba, Fabinho, Alex Sandro or Danny Rose and don't even think about average/shit players from average/shit teams! I'm already fucking sick of Chelsea and now even Spuds being better than us, we have to improve the first team, not make more Rodwell/Sinclair/Fernando/Delph standard signings.
I don't think anyone disagrees (I don't, certainly) that we need a top class natural right and left back. But I'd rather have a young player with raw potential like Traore that Pep can help mould into a wing-back (reckon he could do a Moses/Chamberlain/Rose type switch) than Navas (also a winger with poor attacking stats, but 31) as our back up RB next season.

Today one newspaper here in Portugal says Benfica president has met with Man City director for Nelson Semedo. Love this player, great tecnhique, very fast, young.... Dont know if thats true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.