Full Backs?

I do wonder whether the club has already made a decision on the likes of Maffeo and Angelino that they arent good enough? I mean in the current full-back situation most clubs would look to bring in first choice full-backs and supplement both with talented youngsters but we seem determined to buy 2 for each position. If the likes of Maffeo are not being considered at this point, I doubt they ever will be. What concerns me most though is the progression of the likes of Sancho and Diaz, I hope we are not saying the same about those 2 in the next 3 or 4 years, if neither of them is given the chance here, I do worry about how anyone will ever make the step up from academy to 1st team.

Angelino and Maffeo are both only 20 (Maffeo turned 20 today actually). Pep definitly hasn't written them off, they just haven't proved themselves playing week in week out at a decent side. Hopefully next summer they'll be ready to play in the squad.

WE should get deynear to fill the right back back up spot so he can also play as a back up cb and dm too. maffaeo should get more game time at girona

If we don't sign any adequate full backs do you think we will shift to three at the back? And would you be happy with this?

For example we could feasible line up like this next season:

Ederson
Stones Kompany Otamendi
Sterling KDB Gundogan Sane
B.Silva Jesus Sanchez

Subs: Bravo, Kolarov, Yaya, Silva, Dinho, Aguero, Delph
Any side without David Silva in is just wrong. I also wonder when Jesus became better than Sergio

After Mendy, will we go for two more you think (Bertrand + ?) or will we settle for Bertrand and let Fernandinho fill in when needed? Wasn't convinced with him as a RB though and I'm not sure Pep was either, considering Navas played there a lot.

After Mendy, will we go for two more you think (Bertrand + ?) or will we settle for Bertrand and let Fernandinho fill in when needed? Wasn't convinced with him as a RB though and I'm not sure Pep was either, considering Navas played there a lot.

I'd like us to get Spurs likely Walker replacement, Perreira from Porto. Unless it was explicitly part of the deal that we didn't go for him, he is young enough not to be too fussed with rotation whilst also being full of potential and has a 22 million price tag. Sounds like a good shout to me.

After Mendy we are hopefully looking at back-up full backs who can play centre midfield or centre half

Players like fabinho or kimmch, not sure about the left side

After Mendy we are hopefully looking at back-up full backs who can play centre midfield or centre half

Players like fabinho or kimmch, not sure about the left side

Ruminiegge and Ancelotti both want Kimmich to stay. And he's happy now that he's filling the spot left by Lahm at right-back. Would be an excellent signing though.

Fabinho seems more likely, and I'm surprised by the lack of links to him honestly.

Walker, Mendy, Bertrand and Fabinho would cap off an extremely successful window IMO

Ruminiegge and Ancelotti both want Kimmich to stay. And he's happy now that he's filling the spot left by Lahm at right-back. Would be an excellent signing though.

Fabinho seems more likely, and I'm surprised by the lack of links to him honestly.

Walker, Mendy, Bertrand and Fabinho would cap off an extremely successful window IMO
overkill if you ask me.

I'd like us to get Spurs likely Walker replacement, Perreira from Porto. Unless it was explicitly part of the deal that we didn't go for him, he is young enough not to be too fussed with rotation whilst also being full of potential and has a 22 million price tag. Sounds like a good shout to me.
I think I'd stay away from anyone that Spurs are actually going to spend money on and find out who they're going to get on the cheap instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.