Full Backs?

Might not be a terrible option. With Delph and Mendy (when he comes back) we have 2 good LBs, each bringing something different.
Not sure we need a new long term LB and Van Aanholt could be an effective overlapping LB stopgap.
I feel like this word should be banned from all future transfer targetting.

I actually think van aanholt isn't too bad a shout. The reason being that right now Sane is the only one who brings width to the left side. Mendy was that other option that Pep had in mind with his great crossing, but now we have only Delph who is used as an inverted fullback rather than one that brings width. Having someone speedy like van aanholt out on the left means that he effectively can give Sane and Delph a rest at the same time. Pep could play Aguero and Jesus together with van aanholt overlapping or have someone like Bernardo on the left wing cutting inside kind of the same how he does with Walker on the right.

I feel like this word should be banned from all future transfer targetting.
Generally yes , but occasionally for a loan deal or a very short term contract for a player coming to the end of his career it is possibly reasonable.

Generally yes , but occasionally for a loan deal or a very short term contract for a player coming to the end of his career it is possibly reasonable.
I agree maybe a loan or a 1 year deal for an experience veteran but Van Aalnholt? He's 27, can't see him signing a short term deal.

I wonder what happens to Delph if we do bring in a permanent left back. I know people say he can be a utility player for us but would he himself be happy with that? Getting games only when someone needs to be rested or injured?

I think if a loan deal is possible this window that is our best option. There is a player called bernat at Bayern Munich who Pep signed. He is a Spanish attacking LB. He is not getting much game time at Munich because of Alaba. He could fill in for Mendy. Maybe Guardiola might call in a favour and bring him on a short loan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.