Full Backs?

Given our lack of links with fullbacks & CM's beyond Gundogan, it wouldn't be a stretch to see us signing him. Could end up in midfield if Denayer holds the RB spot down.
Not a bad idea. In my dream scenario, I have Denayer at RB and Dihno backing him up. I'm trying to stay true to Pep's small sqaud philosophies. :)

The lack of news regarding an incoming left back is worrying. It's our weakest position, imo, and we cannot afford to carry Kolarov at the club for yet another season.

His 'effort' away at Southampton typifies his attitude and is a perfect example of why we conceded so many avoidable goals last season. Clichy is decent enough, but he won't be able to play every game. Unless Guardiola has a plan up his sleeve for this department, I can't see us progressing as we should until this issue is addressed.

I realise with Zabba ageing and evidently struggling to keep the pace that we have a similar issue on our right hand side, but we have Denayer waiting for his chance in this position and for that reason the left side is our biggest weakness imo.

I'm very surprised that LB doesn't seem to be our number 1 priority this summer. It should be just as big of a priority as anywhere else.

Not a bad idea. In my dream scenario, I have Denayer at RB and Dihno backing him up. I'm trying to stay true to Pep's small sqaud philosophies. :)

When u have Kompany, Aguero, Delph and Gundogan in the squad. Not sure he is gonna risk it with a "small squad". And more games in england with less breaks.

The way I see it is that we have no top quality full backs anymore so it needs a compete overhaul. Denayer can be one of them Angelino another but we still need another two as Clichy and Sagna just aren't good enough and stop us attacking properly which puts the defence under intense pressure.

The way I see it is that we have no top quality full backs anymore so it needs a compete overhaul. Denayer can be one of them Angelino another but we still need another two as Clichy and Sagna just aren't good enough and stop us attacking properly which puts the defence under intense pressure.

Angelino isn't anywhere as near as good as Clichy unfortunately.

I think the full-backs might have to wait until next summer. All reports seem to indicate that Laporte + Stones are the only defensive signings this summer. We've been linked with lots of full-backs in the past few months but it doesn't appear to be a priority.

I think the full-backs might have to wait until next summer. All reports seem to indicate that Laporte + Stones are the only defensive signings this summer. We've been linked with lots of full-backs in the past few months but it doesn't appear to be a priority.

I don't believe this is the case but if it was we wouldn't win the league or CL, it's been a major deficiency for years.

The notion on here generally is that Denayer/Angelino are the next Alves/Alba is frankly ridiculous. Clichy and Sagna are still better than them. We want to fantasize a xi full of our youth just because its different than what we have. Sagna particularly had a very solid season compared to the average of our team and I see no reason in RB being a emergency position. I am not the biggest fan of Clichy but I think Clichy got fuck all help from his LW compared to Sagna from Navas. Pellers system hubg them out to dry and hopefully we will see a change now with more midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.