Full Backs?

Yes, I remember him in a couple of youth matches in Hyde. Maybe he has improved even more and we can buy him back.

i think he probably would be good enough, not world class, but good enough squad player. i remember a few years ago a game against arsenal youth team, he was the best player by a mile. there were a few like that you would know would make it - adam clayton, mee, trippier. was good to see mee score the other day :)

If Kolarov had produced the 90 mins Bellarin did for Arsenal at Bournemouth, he would be fucking hung, rightly.

There is the problem signing fullbacks, & defenders in general. Most of them, including all of Chelsea's, are pretty shite.
Overrated. Yes. We focus too much on the ones we see at better defensive clubs like Chelsea and Bayern. Cast the net wider, there are raw young players who can easily become special.

But as far as fullbacks go (Azpilicueta) ranks up there as one of the few top notch defensive fullbacks and he is no Clichy going forward...

I know that Clichy analogy is a bit off in light of recent events :p But still...

Overrated. Yes. We focus too much on the ones we see at better defensive clubs like Chelsea and Bayern. Cast the net wider, there are raw young players who can easily become special.

But as far as fullbacks go (Azpilicueta) ranks up there as one of the few top notch defensive fullbacks and he is no Clichy going forward...

I know that Clichy analogy is a bit off in light of recent events :p But still...

He's wank

If you find the best young defenders in world football (we may already have some of them) there is no guarantee they will be any good in the first team, for years, especially when they have nobody that good to learn from.

Signing defenders these days is just a lottery.

If you find the best young defenders in world football (we may already have some of them) there is no guarantee they will be any good in the first team, for years, especially when they have nobody that good to learn from.

It's the way we play any decent defender would look avarage

Very true. Which is why we should stop buying the most expensive tickets. The amount of money we've thrown away on centre backs over the last few years is insane.

Stones one hopes, is going to get better. But Mangala and Otty? We might as well have spend fifteen mill on a pair of Championship or lower Prem stalwarts.

It's the way we play any decent defender would look avarage

Not necessarily. If the defenders are sharp enough, they really haven't got much to do in a typical game.

Look at the Liverpool game. How many truly difficult moments did our defenders have ? We couldn't have stopped the cross coming in or stopped Wijnaldum winning the header ? The move was really that good ? The other chance they had, when Milner lobbed the ball straight down the middle, was so difficult to defend ? Dele Ali's two goals v Chelsea ?

The art of defending has pretty much gone, not just at City, but everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.