Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

During a stop in play for an injury near us some bloke randomly shouts "ref, you're a fuckin wanker" the ref turns around and with a bow "thank you". Fair play to him!

It was one of my first matches at Maine Road in the early-1960s, the crowd felt that a visting player had handled the ball. 'Ref, fingerprint that ball!' said a voice in the crowd.

Another one when a blatant handball wasn't given was "Bloody hell ref he took the bleeding lace out of it".

When Joe Corrigan first got into the City team and was regularly error prone. "You're like Cinderella Corrigan. Always late for the ball" and "You're like Dracula Corrigan. Scared of bloody crosses."

North Stand circa 1976 old chap behind me, referee Jack Taylor "get back to your butchers shop"

Chatting this season to a bloke who sits in front of us in CLB3 called Mike. Aware he goes to most aways, so asked if he had gone to a recent game (forget who we were playing). 'No' said Mike, 'I didn't actually, I had something else on but can't remember what it was.' After a bit more umming and ahhing, Mrs Mike was kindly able to assist with 7 words that brought our little chat to a decidedly chilling finale - 'He was at his eldest daughter's wedding!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.