Funniest remark heard at City game?

I'm ashamed of myself - for laughing my socks off at the Dwight Yorke remark. I'm getting ashamed at having started the thread in the first place.
I made a joke once - Ray Ranson was getting skinned by some winger and I called out "Ray Ranson? More like f****** Esther Rantzen!" No one laughed, though. Perhaps it's the way I tell 'em.

at the ajax game to the ref shouting " you are about as much use as Anne franks drum kit" Deserved more it didn't even get a snigger. Philistines!

Electric Blue said:
9 Nil up against Huddersfield and they score

Guy jumps up in the Main Stand and starts screamin

"Swales Out - Swales Out Swale out"

eeh them were the days !

I was in Belize, Central America listening to that on the World Service....... never forget it!!!

I wouldn't normally condone barracking but:

"Baker...Stop running away from the ball!"

followed by "Run, Baker...run!"

still makes me laugh.

For me it was Niall Quins debut at Maine Road, I was stood in the paddock area between the Kippax and the North Stand we were attacking the North Stand. Quinn received the ball wide on the right and put in a lovely cross only to look up and see nobody had bothered to make a run into the box he made a gesture of disappointment and the this old Wag shouted " you've not been here long have you son ? you have to cross the ball and then run in and head it in yourself here son" Classic still makes me smile.

I remember being at QPR away early 90’s and Roy Bailey was treating an injured player right in front of the City fans when someone shouted to him “Roy, Getting Fucking Heath off” to which Bailey replied with a cheeky smile “What Now”, We were about 10 minutes into the game.

3000+ City fans singing "We're shit and we know we are" losing 5-0 at Stamford Bridge not that many years ago!

Can’t remember who it was against but years ago when I was only a kid I was sat in the North Stand nearish the front.

Martyn Margetson was in net. He wasn’t the best and had started quite badly dropping a couple of catches. We were also losing and the fans were quiet. Wasn’t a good day.

This man behind me was getting well wound up with Margetson. He decides instead of getting behind him he will abuse him for the rest of the game.

Some people pronounced his name ‘Margaret-son’ as in the women’s name.

Anyway, this guy constantly kept shouting, OI, MARGARET… YOU’RE FUCKING SHIT. All the way through.
Another cross comes in, and you can just hear this one guy shouting.... YOU BETTER CATCH THIS ONE MARGARET!!
Each time the other team were coming forward the guy was shouting 'CONCENTRATE NOW MARGARET, DONT DARE FUCK UP AGAIN!!'

The guy had the loudest voice and Margaret must have heard every word that afternoon.... Poor Margaret.

Made me laugh all afternoon though.

Joe Royle's retort to the press after he signed Andy Morrison.
Press: Are you not concerned about Andys weight Joe?
Joe: Why has he lost some!

Once sat in the Main Stand at MR. Sat infront of some Irish fans. Anyway city was either winning by the odd goal or drawing when the opposition scored with about 20 minutes to go. Irish fan replied."FFS City will have us living on our bones now"

A guy who sits near me almost every game shouts "PENALTY!!" When a bad foul is committed in the middle if the pitch. Makes me chuckle every time. He's a moany old sod the rest of the time. Suppose that makes it even funnier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.