Further Sanitisation

Corky said:
The club know anyone taking kids won't go near the current Beer Pen in City Square.

Providing a family freindly bar area as an alternative is a good idea and gives choice.

This is like complaining about having Women's toilets at the match.

Fuck me Corky, awesome idea for a new thread there, go on fella, make it happen! They should use the same fucking toilets as us - they're fucking ruined....

Not really a bad idea , they can get rid of those foam hands ,poznan t`s,capital guff. And entertain us. better if the beer and food was subsidised by the club . £4 is way to steep for an overcooked sausage in a stale bun with no butter. Uwe ,Shay , Alistair mann (aint too bad),and that Alan Partridge fella. May bob over to at least try and have a go at winning a Semi final ticket after missing out on mine.

Even more sanitisation now, John Guidetti's making an appearance.

FFS City...

"Live from City Square", our exciting new show to make match days even better, has added young Blues striker John Guidetti to the sparkling cast list for Sunday's big launch against Sunderland.

The Sweden Under-21 star will be joining in the fun in City Square as the show kicks off at 2.30 to entertain you before the serious Barclays Premier League business starts at 4pm.

That's not all. Sunderland chairman and City cult hero Niall Quinn has agreed to an exclusive chat to delight True Blues everywhere. Just don't expect him to be wearing his disco pants!

As we told you yesterday, Shay Given will be a special guest alongside City legend Uwe Rosler and ace photographer Kevin Cummins, all hosted by MCFC MCs Hugh Ferris and Alistair Mann.

To enhance the experience a brand new licensed 'family friendly' bar area has been created in front of the main City Square stage so you can enjoy a pint and grab a bite while watching the show.

When the final whistle goes, you don't need to - the show will go on in City Square after the match finishes, with additional food outlets in the new licensed area.

As with the current bar supporters will be asked to show their Seasoncard or match ticket to gain access. Get your tickets online with no booking. fee.

So don't leave it too late to get to the City of Manchester Stadium on Sunday - there's even more reason now to make matchday a big day out for family and friends. It's more than a game!

I think it's a great way to spend an hour before the match. That said I've got kids to take with me. Rather what we have now, than the piss stained alleys at Maine Road.

Some of you on here are just moaning gits who love to moan about anything

JoeMercer'sWay said:
http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/March/Live-at-City-Square-launches-on-Sunday

stop reading at "family friendly".

Started reading at Family friendly!!!! As i will be taking my 5 year old to this game!!!
Well done city for providing second to none experiences in the UK for match day experiences...

Honestly don’t understand some on here that rebuff the thought of the club doing things for families, I have had my day a single man, quaffing pints all day then going into a mosh pit to watch the game!! I don’t see the problem of a area at city square that is family friendly.... could you honestly see us being able to get the licence if it was advertised piss head friendly....
I understand that those who want to enjoy the day there way are free to do exactly that, and there are a large number of places around the ground that are, should I say not family friendly, but by including families in the match day experience is no way sanitising the match day experience for our fans, they are just offering those that WANT a family experience (you know the little ones that are the future of the club, whilst not excluding others and everyone has a choice...

Well done blues

I'll be there for Quinn, Rosler and the rest, as well as going to try it out. I'm not going to write it off. Give it a chance, JMW?

blingy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/March/Live-at-City-Square-launches-on-Sunday

stop reading at "family friendly".

Started reading at Family friendly!!!! As i will be taking my 5 year old to this game!!!
Well done city for providing second to none experiences in the UK for match day experiences...

Honestly don’t understand some on here that rebuff the thought of the club doing things for families, I have had my day a single man, quaffing pints all day then going into a mosh pit to watch the game!! I don’t see the problem of a area at city square that is family friendly.... could you honestly see us being able to get the licence if it was advertised piss head friendly....
I understand that those who want to enjoy the day there way are free to do exactly that, and there are a large number of places around the ground that are, should I say not family friendly, but by including families in the match day experience is no way sanitising the match day experience for our fans, they are just offering those that WANT a family experience (you know the little ones that are the future of the club, whilst not excluding others and everyone has a choice...

Well done blues

kids should want to go to watch the team and go for a good atmosphere, not because it's sanitised and their do-good parents protecting them from the outside world and rewarding them with clowns and cheesy pre-match and half-time entertainment.

the next generation of city fans are being brought up in the wrong way as fans imo.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
blingy said:

Well done blues

kids should want to go to watch the team and go for a good atmosphere, not because it's sanitised and their do-good parents protecting them from the outside world and rewarding them with clowns and cheesy pre-match and half-time entertainment.

the next generation of city fans are being brought up in the wrong way as fans imo.

Every generation looks back and says the same, things aren't what they used to be, when I was a lad, etc. Its never going to be the same as 20, 30 years ago, just like it will be different again in 20, 30 years.
Pointless debate.

It's got nothing to do with cotton wool JMW. I assume you don't have kids. Like the poster above, had my time at Maine Road growing up and loving every minute, nowadays my priorities and outlook have changed, it's called growing up mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.