Future Strikers

Linked with Martinez again this morning, I think he is the best replacement for Aguero. I think Martinez and Jesus would be really good together. They are hard workers, run the channels, shown good examples of link up play and selfishness at times to score goals. Under 100m I believe for his buy out. Worth it.
The only problem with having both Martinez and Jesus is that they're probably both better as the supporting striker to a goalscorer. Martinez is that to Lukaku at Inter, and Jesus skillset and the fact that he's not really a natural finisher would suggest the same. Martinez is probably as close as Aguero that one could get, but without the finishing ability of Aguero. He'd also cost a fortune now that he's hyped up and proven.

If we want to play both Jesus and a new striker I'd go for Alexander Isak at Sociedad or Myron Boadu at AZ Alkmaar. Both very young with world class potential and they are the definition of natural finishers. They are not as proven as Martinez, which means they'll cost a lot less. I could see Isak go for 60m and Boadu for 30m. My choice would be Isak though, he's very good at linking up with his teammates and could probably fight for a starting spot with jesus off the bat

He is nothing like a pep player and sergio has snother full season
We need to get away from this pep player etc . Pep has one year tops with us then we don’t know what’s going to happen . If he goes which is very likely next summer then a new manager with new ideas will come in . Can’t see us saying to a new manager “we play peps way” as that will be an insult to any guy coming in .

The only problem with having both Martinez and Jesus is that they're probably both better as the supporting striker to a goalscorer. Martinez is that to Lukaku at Inter, and Jesus skillset and the fact that he's not really a natural finisher would suggest the same. Martinez is probably as close as Aguero that one could get, but without the finishing ability of Aguero. He'd also cost a fortune now that he's hyped up and proven.

If we want to play both Jesus and a new striker I'd go for Alexander Isak at Sociedad or Myron Boadu at AZ Alkmaar. Both very young with world class potential and they are the definition of natural finishers. They are not as proven as Martinez, which means they'll cost a lot less. I could see Isak go for 60m and Boadu for 30m. My choice would be Isak though, he's very good at linking up with his teammates and could probably fight for a starting spot with jesus off the bat
Martinez is avaliable for just under 100mil, I don't think Pep has time to wait for Isak and Boadu to develop. I am sure Martinez and Jesus would work straight away.

Martinez is avaliable for just under 100mil, I don't think Pep has time to wait for Isak and Boadu to develop. I am sure Martinez and Jesus would work straight away.
Isak is definitely good enough to compete for a spot right away. On current ability he's not far off Jesus while being 2 years younger. Aguero on his last season, Jesus and Isak would be a great set up for next season

Look at this video if you need proof. Involved in all 4 goals when they beat Real Madrid 3-4 at the Bernabeu, including 2 wonder goals

I’d love to know what our South American scouts do as Martinez was at Racing before Inter so why the hell couldn’t they see his ability before he went to Italy?? Now gonna cost us 5 times more like Rodri did.

I’d love to know what our South American scouts do as Martinez was at Racing before Inter so why the hell couldn’t they see his ability before he went to Italy?? Now gonna cost us 5 times more like Rodri did.
I definitely remember Martinez being very hyped up prospect at Racing too

They sort deals out for people like Jesus, Yan Couto and so on.

Plenty of South Americans have had to go to Serie A before they really take off, I think it's a good development league.

No point even thinking about Martinez as he has basically said he wants the Barca move . Shame aswell because he is quality and would be great .

I don't think Martinez has been on the card for over half a year. He wants Barca and to play with Messi. I'd look at someone like Alexander Isak

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.