Gabby Logan

How much preparation does someone like Keown actually do for a co-commentator role though ? I expect he turned up at the ground an hour or two before kick off, and then went and had a chat with a few people and then went on air and says the first thing that struggles into his head, Mcminimum makes a living just repeating what the lead commentator has just said and adding the word "Fletch" . Spitty just relys on the fact he played for dipperp**l and you should be grateful for that ! Ratboy tries to sound like he knows what he is talking about, but has a tendency to go sulky when he realises, that you realise he is just Gary Neville! Whatever they say it's just filling time in a football match, it's mostly just filler . I reckon Keown doesn't even remember saying that line about city's first game if you stopped him and asked him to explain it, he would have to look at the tape first to make sure he said it .
100% spot on

Not sure why anyone is bothered by it to be honest. Our recent record up there, isn’t great and the idea that any neutrals watching would have taken that in is nonsensical. She is a barcodes fan as well, so that might have led her down the heartbroken path of optimism......
What you’ve just said is nonsensical, sorry.

We’ve seen rival fans parrot whatever the media have flung at us over the past 10 years;

- Our only sponsors are from Abu Dhabi and we’d go bankrupt without Etihad

- We have been cooking the books because we’re ‘banned’ from Europe (not even knowing this charge relates to the already agreed settlement from over 6 years ago)

- Robinho only signed for City because he thought we were United (this one actually makes me laugh because it’s so absurd you’d have to be an actual troglodyte to say it with a straight face, and I’ve heard multiple rags say it in real life)

- City are owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family

Literally think of the thousands of inaccurate articles that have been written about City over the past 10 years and have been parroted back to us by rival fans (shit sticks) and you think they listen to this shit and think critically about it?

We’ve seen rival fans parrot whatever the media have flung at us over the past 10 years;

- We have been cooking the books because we’re ‘banned’ from Europe (not even knowing this charge relates to the already agreed settlement from over 6 years ago)

- Robinho only signed for City because he thought we were United (this one actually makes me laugh because it’s so absurd you’d have to be an actual troglodyte to say it with a straight face, and I’ve heard multiple rags say it in real life)

Literally think of the thousands of inaccurate articles that have been written about City over the past 10 years and have been parroted back to us by rival fans (shit sticks) and you think they listen to this shit and think critically about it?
I just don’t think they listen to Gabby Logan on MOTD. If they do, they forget whatever inanities she said before the programme finishes. I sometimes watch it and, when I do, I fast forward the chatter and just watch the games, if I bother at all. If I do have to watch it ‘live’ I really couldn’t tell you anything that any of them say about anyone else that is on the programme.
As for your examples, they are somewhat different to Gabby Logan saying we’ve not got a good record against Newcastle, surely? And, as for Robinho, I thought he thought he was signing for Chelsea?

I saw a video on YouTube the other day, she was interviewing Yaya on some football show she was presenting, and she asked him "what first attracted you to the billionaires Manchester City?"

I dont know who annoyed me more. Her for asking the question or Yaya for laughing at it.

I just don’t think they listen to Gabby Logan on MOTD. If they do, they forget whatever inanities she said before the programme finishes. I sometimes watch it and, when I do, I fast forward the chatter and just watch the games, if I bother at all. If I do have to watch it ‘live’ I really couldn’t tell you anything that any of them say about anyone else that is on the programme.
As for your examples, they are somewhat different to Gabby Logan saying we’ve not got a good record against Newcastle, surely? And, as for Robinho, I thought he thought he was signing for Chelsea?
Re; Robinho, a Sky Sports News pundit said it as a throw away comment after that awkward handshake between Hughes and Robinho at the airport. Literally ‘we understand he actually thought he had signed for Manchester United’ - but being deadly serious and with no proof (much like this comment from Logan) and people actually remember it and quote it 12 FECKING YEARS LATER!

I think you make some very good points with your list.

I posted elsewhere recently on a few discussions I've been having with my Geordie pal following the developing takeover bid for his club. Now, he's a bright guy, footy mad all of his life and fairly well up on the history of the game all over Europe. Yet over the years since we were taken over even he has fallen, on occasion, for the garbage press and media speculation that has dogged City since 2008.

Walking him through examples such as yours and others during the past decade has been something of a chore but I kept going anyway. Thankfully, ever since the potential Newcastle takeover was announced, it seems that the penny has finally dropped for my pal, given the way that Geordies have been faced with their club being the butt of negative press etc.

As I've said to my him (and many others, many times) re. Gabby Logan and her ilk, the way it works is this with the press and other media:

(a) the media johnny may spout some unresearched, off-the-top-of-their-head thing about City that leaves us Blues thinking 'Wtf?!' or..
(b) the media johnny spouts some deliberately incomplete or misleading thing about City, which requires our families to restrain us Blues as we attempt, a la Gordon Ottershaw, to vent our anger by smashing up the ornaments on the mantelpiece..

Either way, given the attention span of the general public being at the level of a microcephalic gnat, the said 'thing' passes into lore and becomes part of the general big stick with which to beat City, its doings and its fans alike.

It's been interesting hearing my pal's comments regarding the press and media as the Newcastle takeover unfolds. As I said to him (again) over the weekend, 'You ain't seen nothing yet.. fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.. And don't expect anything positive to be said about your club all that often'

Nothing wrong with it. We have struggled at St James’ park since pep has been here.when you lose just a handful of games a season(before this season) and you drop points more than once against a side where we are overwhelming favourites it’s entirely reasonable to say we’ve struggled there in recent times, because it’s true.

Are there any pundits, presenters, commentators or journalists you guy don't hate with a passion?

Some of the most inoffensive individuals get absolutely lambasted on here for saying the most inoffensive things.
No mate I fucking hate them all.

The irony is the only one I can stomach sometimes is Souness (a dipper) because when he talks honestly he’s the only genuine Sky pundit. (I’ve read his wife’s a blue so maybe he’s too scared to toe the Sky party line lol)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.