Gabri Veiga

Thet've all got potential, but mate Gundog, Silva & Kev are some midfield to replace... \0/
They sure are, but the real key to be able to maintain our standards in midfield is Pep. Let's face it Bellingham, MacAllister, FDJ, Veiga, Perrone, Kovacic, Wirtz, Barella, Gavi any of these guys come to City and commit to learning from Pep how to play here would thrive...

They sure are, but the real key to be able to maintain our standards in midfield is Pep. Let's face it Bellingham, MacAllister, FDJ, Veiga, Perrone, Kovacic, Wirtz, Barella, Gavi any of these guys come to City and commit to learning from Pep how to play here would thrive...
As we've seen with Chelsea, evolution is better than revolution. Regardless of what we do come the summer, I hope it's done gradually, giving any new recruits time to bed in.

Worst case scenario, PSG or Barça match our valuation of Bernardo & Gundog fails to negotiate an extension.

Do we buy two CM replacements?

Do we move one or both Foden & Grealish inside & buy two flying wingers?

What about Left Back?

Bernardo might remain & Gundog may negotiate an extension, so what then?

With ITK reports that Bellingham has agreed terms with City (he can also agree terms with other interested parties), is this with a view to Gundog leaving?

We can all have fun or torture ourselves trying to second guess what the club will do, however only the club will know for certain what's happening.

On a final note I've had a realisation. I was quite happy for Gundog to leave this summer & for us to find a younger alternative who has legs.

HOWEVER, our lack of a Left Back has forced us to change formations to a 3-2-2-3. After watching the match against the Dippers 3 times, I'm seriously liking what I'm seeing with this latest iteration of "Pep-Ball".

John "Beckenbauer" Stones was an absolute revelation playing in a double pivot with Rodri. This allowed Gundog & KDB to play as an 8 & 10, & Gundog thrived because there was less responsibility on him to get back & be part of the first line of defence.

Yes Gundog's legs are going, but in the system we played on Saturday, Ilkay could easily extend his stay with us by another 2 years & thrive.

He was unbelievable against the Dippers & we saw the very best of him in a system ideally suited to a 32 year old Gundog where he was left to concentrate on creating & scoring alongside an in-form KDB.

The Dippers are STILL shell shocked by what happened. So much so, Klipperty made SIX changes against Chelsea, presumably in an expression of his displeasure at their performance on Saturday.

The problem for Teeth is the Dippers weren't that bad, it was City who were that good! Saturday will give City food for thought squad-wise in a good way.

Last edited:
Is he a possible alternative to Bellingham?
No, he’s a signing that enables Bellingham. We know we need 2 midfielders at a minimum, and we have other positions to look at too, so a guy with a relatively low release clause makes it all possible, within budget.

As we've seen with Chelsea, evolution is better than revolution. Regardless of what we do come the summer, I hope it's done gradually, giving any new recruits time to bed in.

Worst case scenario, PSG or Barça match our valuation of Bernardo & Gundog fails to negotiate an extension.

Do we buy two CM replacements?

Do we move one or both Foden & Grealish inside & buy two flying wingers?

What about Left Back?

Bernardo might remain & Gundog may negotiate an extension, so what then?

With ITK reports that Bellingham has agreed terms with City (he can also agree terms with other interested parties), is this with a view to Gundog leaving?

We can all have fun or torture ourselves trying to second guess what the club will do, however only the club will know for certain what's happening.

On a final note I've had a realisation. I was quite happy for Gundog to leave this summer & for us to find a younger alternative who has legs.

HOWEVER, our lack of a Left Back has forced us to change formations to a 3-2-2-3. After watching the match against the Dippers 3 times, I'm seriously liking what I'm seeing with this latest iteration of "Pep-Ball".

John "Beckenbauer" Stones was an absolute revelation playing in a double pivot with Rodri. This allowed Gundog & KDB to play as an 8 & 10, & Gundog thrived because there was less responsibility on him to get back & be part of the first line of defence.

Yes Gundog's legs are going, but in the system we played on Saturday, Ilkay could easily extend his stay with us by another 2 years & thrive.

He was unbelievable against the Dippers & we saw the very best of him in a system ideally suited to a 32 year old Gundog where he was left to concentrate on creating & scoring alongside an in-form KDB.

The Dippers are STILL shell shocked by what happened. So much so, Klipperty made SIX changes against Chelsea, presumably in an expression of his displeasure at their performance on Saturday.

The problem for Teeth is the Dippers weren't that bad, it was City who were that good! Saturday will give City food for thought squad-wise in a good way.
It’s actually due to having Haaland, we’ve lost an extra body in midfield during the build up because Haaland is sitting on the last man rather than coming short.One of the full backs plays next to rodri so we still have an overload in the middle. The left back spot is now effectively a left sided centre back and the right back is now an holding midfielder. Pep did the same at Bayern when he signed lewandowski

If he does land at city, have to wonder if pep sticks him on the wing similar to Bernardo when he came, Phil and jack now. And will be curious if he finally moves jack or Phil centrally next year. Assuming gund and Bernardo leave.

He seems to like to develop players on the wings first. It was mystifying to me when he would continue to start Bernardo on the right when he first came. But it seems to make sense now.

If he does land at city, have to wonder if pep sticks him on the wing similar to Bernardo when he came, Phil and jack now. And will be curious if he finally moves jack or Phil centrally next year. Assuming gund and Bernardo leave.

He seems to like to develop players on the wings first. It was mystifying to me when he would continue to start Bernardo on the right when he first came. But it seems to make sense now.
To be fair, Bernardo played right midfield for Monaco, & he was always earmarked to eventually replace his namesake David centrally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.