Gabri Veiga

Do you think he looks slow? Looks pretty quick to me. I think it’s hard to tell with CMs sometimes if they’re fast. Sometimes they can be deceptively fast e.g KDB. I don’t think Mahrez or Grealish are what you would call ‘quick off the mark’, not in comparison to say ‘Sterling’ or ‘Haaland’.

I have some insight into the player though. Right now, he isn’t as successful with dribbling in the wide areas, as he is in the centre. I would say he’s more suited to the number 8 role/ box to box. So we’re thinking more like Gundogan, or Bellingham. Not necessarily players you’d play on the wing.

To give some comparisons with other top mids in La Liga. His successful progressive runs in the midfield are above average in the league, but his progressive passes, are middle of the road. Take them both into consideration, he fairs better at progressive runs and passes than Gavi. But less so compared with Pedri, and a lot less compared with Frenkie Dejong. When it comes to the two Madrid CMs, Modric and Kroos, he’s absolutely no way near with progressive runs and passes. What’s interesting though, is he really excels highly with touches in the opposition box, compared to other mids. In fact, he has had more touches in the opposition box than all the players just mentioned, apart from, Gavi. But defensively, he also fairs better than Gavi and Modric too, however, he doesn’t fair as well in comparison to Pedri, Dejong or Kroos.

In summary, he’s a good young player, and we’ll probably play him at left back.
In summary, City, please sign de Jong

In summary, City, please sign de Jong

If we lose Gundo and Bernardo, which I really hope doesn’t happen, Dejong would be great. However, their president recently said that he’s unsellable, along with Pedri and Arujo.

If we lose Gundo and Bernardo, which I really hope doesn’t happen, Dejong would be great. However, their president recently said that he’s unsellable, along with Pedri and Arujo.
They seem to be getting Messi so think they might need to generate a touch more than £180m they've reportedly got to make!

If he does land at city, have to wonder if pep sticks him on the wing similar to Bernardo when he came, Phil and jack now. And will be curious if he finally moves jack or Phil centrally next year. Assuming gund and Bernardo leave.

He seems to like to develop players on the wings first. It was mystifying to me when he would continue to start Bernardo on the right when he first came. But it seems to make sense now.
The one weird exception to this is Palmer who was almost exclusively a winger for the EDS but who has had almost all of his first team minutes in midfield

6 months ago they did everything possible to try and sell him. Basket case of a club ATM.

Basket case is being very kind. They’re absolutely mental. They constantly sign players when they can’t play them. Their transfer policy is nearly as crazy as Chelsea’s. It will see their demise eventually and in a big way. Look at the Messi situation. They wouldn’t let him leave to City on a free, even though it was legally in his contract. Knowing Messi wouldn’t take them to court, they held onto him for one more season, against his will. A player who had given everything to the club, treated like that. They had a £1B black hole of debt, he was costing them nearly £1M a week, and City offered to pay, nearly £100M! AND they rejected it! Even though he only had one more official year left. Then just one season later, he goes on a free anyway. Complete and utter idiots.

Feel like we’re going to put him on lw as an understudy to Grealish to let him develop. Next season could be Foden’s first as a regular cm.

Looking at the way he plays, this is more of a KDB replacement, to me. He appears very direct, a good ball carrier, and with the ability to see the pass. He and Perone look like exciting young players. Add Foden and Bellingham into the midfield mix and that's a lot of young talent. These are exciting times.

Looking at the way he plays, this is more of a KDB replacement, to me. He appears very direct, a good ball carrier, and with the ability to see the pass. He and Perone look like exciting young players. Add Foden and Bellingham into the midfield mix and that's a lot of young talent. These are exciting times.

Yeah I love this type of signing mate as he’s not cheap enough to be a CFG signing? Looks a talent and the perfect time to bring him in to let pep work his magic! It would save us potentially trying to sign him in a year or two for double the money? I’m sure I read that peps brother is now his agent as well? So he has a release clause which we love and the managers brother as his agent, can’t see it being too difficult lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.