Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 hours later precisely zero media coverage. Not a mention on BBC Football, Guardian Football, or the Manchester Evening News.

The age of the Internet! Hmm. Doesn't matter. This guy is going to be huge. I watched the Olympic Football and was semi-impressed, I could see he had something, but I don't think I have ever seen a senior debut like that. It is sensational. Can not wait to see him make his debut for City.

What is so impressive is that he's so young, and still small yet he plays in the most difficult position on the pitch centre-forward where you get a physical battering and no space at all. I like Sterling. He makes him look slow. Eats up the ground.
Personally, I think they look to have the same amount of pace—and I am excited about both as they could easily play together and compliment each other' abilities.

They were some nice goals, very different in technique and equally impressive. No tap in vs Hull though.

Not on loop either unlike his miss for Brazil in the Olympics. Wonder why?

The lad looks at star. One Jesus out another in for me in Jan.

Watching the game last night & also his performances in the Olympics, there are plenty of times in the game where he shifts position. Just occasionally last night swapping with Neymar but also playing on the other side. In the Olympics, he moved wide & stayed there & grafted like James Milner with ability, even dropping back to fullback at times, on the left.

Questions about how he fits in, are therefore pretty uneccessary as the answer is 'pretty much anywhere'. We are building an attack of devastating young players who can play more than one position. Sane, Jesus & Kelechi could easily swap around & Kelechi's original position is 10, not 9, & he has a different side we have not yet seen. Sane could drop deeper imo, from watching him in the kids' game. Sterling can play either side. Moreno has played right accross the front.

Then we have players like Roberts Diaz, Sancho etc coming through who could play different roles, attacking mids a few goalscorers & several wingers.

Ageuro, Silva, & everyone else have some serious competition in the near future imo.

Brazil's Ronaldo sees similarities between himself and Gabriel Jesus

Brazil legend Ronaldo has said that he sees many similarities between himself and Palmeiras starlet Gabriel Jesus.
Jesus, 19, is a transfer target of some of the world's top clubs, including Ronaldo's former team Real Madrid.
"I'm a fan of Gabriel as I look at him and see myself when I was younger," Ronaldo told Globo TV. "I see many similarities between us.
"He is young and is already very successful with a lot of responsibility.
"He has a footballing career ahead of him and is already delighting us with what he does."
Jesus is in Brazil's squad for the Olympics in Rio, along with Barcelona's Neymar, as the team seek to win gold in football for the first time in the country's history.
Ronaldo said: "If [Jesus] passes all my records he will give great joy to this country's people who have suffered so much.
"Play, be happy and have fun with the ball. Later the coach will ask you to do many things, but when you have the ball, have fun, try nutmegs, but always look to score as this is what the fans like."
http://www.espnfc.com/brazil/story/...n-himself-and-palmeiras-forward-gabriel-jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.