Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a huge City fan and not some rag that signed up a few weeks ago I made a couple very astute observations from watching Brazil and Jesus yesterday:

-he was one of the worst players in the first half
-and Gabriel Jesus finished in the winger position

Didn't see any exciting goals or much anything else worth commenting on besides that.

CTID

Being a huge City fan and not some rag that signed up a few weeks ago I made a couple very astute observations from watching Brazil and Jesus yesterday:

Didn't see any exciting goals or much anything else worth commenting on besides that.

CTID
Bartender I'll have what ever he is pissing .

CTID
I think you're neither a blue or a rag. You're just blind.

CTID

The winner of the most obvious WUM of the day award!

Watching the game last night & also his performances in the Olympics, there are plenty of times in the game where he shifts position. Just occasionally last night swapping with Neymar but also playing on the other side. In the Olympics, he moved wide & stayed there & grafted like James Milner with ability, even dropping back to fullback at times, on the left.

Questions about how he fits in, are therefore pretty uneccessary as the answer is 'pretty much anywhere'. We are building an attack of devastating young players who can play more than one position. Sane, Jesus & Kelechi could easily swap around & Kelechi's original position is 10, not 9, & he has a different side we have not yet seen. Sane could drop deeper imo, from watching him in the kids' game. Sterling can play either side. Moreno has played right accross the front.

Then we have players like Roberts Diaz, Sancho etc coming through who could play different roles, attacking mids a few goalscorers & several wingers.

Ageuro, Silva, & everyone else have some serious competition in the near future imo.

By the time brahim and sancho come through, it's likely both Sergio and silva will be gone. It's mad that I've got no panic about them two leaving in a few years time.

I really can't believe we've got this lad, he really is something very very special, and I can't wait to watch him starting in January.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here, that if Jesus stays with us for 5, 6 or 7 seasons or even longer, then he will have been the best player EVER to play in the premier league. Better than Cantona, Beckham, Shearer, Zola, Ronaldo, Bale and anyone else you can think of.

The lad will be a league and world sensation!.

Best player in the world and worth a world record transfer fee, in a few years time.

Last edited:
I really can't believe we've got this lad, he really is something very very special, and I can't wait to watch him starting in January.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here, that if Jesus stays with us for 5, 6 or 7 seasons or even longer, then he will have been the best player EVER to play in the premier league. Better than Cantona, Beckham, Shearer, Zola, Ronaldo, Bale and anyone else you can think of.

The lad will be a league and world sensation!.

Best player in the world and worth a world record transfer fee, in a few years time.
I hope you are right, but I'll settle for a very good footballer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.