Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only seen a few minutes of him play, and all those were with his national side. I know just about nothing about his qualities except fro highlights on Youtube. But, if as you, @MCFC1993 and @Marvin says, (because you know that's the case I presume), that he already is good enough to play for us, then that's just great.
Again, I assumed he was too young, not developed physically enough and the fact that it's a huge leap from playing in Brazil to playing in the Premier league for such an ambitious side such as ours, would be unexpected. And do we normally have three strikers in our match day squad? Is that something Pep usually does?

Oh, and as for his price tag, I thought that amount was mirroring the lads potential more than his current capacity.

I wouldn't presume to be too knowing but, even when the price tag for a player is inflated by potential rather than achievement, I don't think inflation has got to the point where a £27m player doesn't go straight into the first team squad. Aside from that, what I have seen of GJ jas convinced me that he is good enough to get game time for us when he arrives. He looks to be an exceptional talent so he is not too young and he looks to be street tough, he isn't big but he is strong.

I definitely think he'll slot straight into the first team. We only have two strikers ahead of him and one is Kun who very well could run into some injuries.

Not a good enough reason to leave a player like Fernandinho out of the squad (he is not even in the squad) and I hope the manager comes to his senses. Evidently their midfield needs Fernandinho, who will be able to stabilize, dominate and also have the ability to play those balls in behind for Gabriel.
We will see what happens from here but for these friendlies,Tite went with a few players who already knows his ideas and has won major trophies with. Just like Pep brought in Nolito when we could've probably gone younger more "well known". Plus Brazil were always going to win ugly away in Ecuador, that's what made Gabriel Jesus' performance even more impressive given that he scored as the game went on and everybody is knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.