Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Now he looks good and I'm excited to see him but let's not get carried away. Neymar got in Santos' team at 15/16 and had played 210 games and had scored 123 goals by Gabriel Jesus' age now (Jesus has played 69 games and scored 26 goals).
Neymar also had a much better team compared to GJ. Santos is always stocked with highly rated prospects. It's recognized around a lot of South American experts that GJ potentially has the higher ceiling compared to Neymar. Of those 123 goals Neymar scored about half of those were actually scored in the top tier Brazilian league. Neymar crushed the state league which comparable to England, would be like if we played Bury Hyde Stockport Bolton Blackburn Wigan and the Rags in a separate "league" after the PL. GJ is single handily leading his club currently to the first league title since 94. Neymar never won the league. This is after Jesus led Palmeiras to the Copa de Brazil in 2015. Neymar also left Brazil at 22 while GJ is leaving at 19. We are essentially buying the next best since Neymar before the price becomes too much that you have to fudge the numbers.

All part of the grand scheme of hoovering up,the best young talent across the globe. Already have Kelechi, Jonh Stones, Raheem and don't forget Patrick Roberts who will be with us next season. This is the same approach as Barcelona adopted under Johan Cruyff and who Pep guided in Barcelona B team. If some of this raw talent developes we will have a young core of talent at our disposal and add the odd readymade super star and we could be a major force for years to come without having to outlay the millions to build a team like when the Shiek first took us over. Millions in the bank super young team all the making a of a European super club. In my opion in the next 5 to 6 years all the major European Clubs will form their own equivalent of the Chapions League with major baking from China and the States, UEFA will be kicked into touch as the clubs will form their own governing body and all the money will go back to the clubs instead of the corrupt bunch of criminals who run UEFA.

Agreed 100%. Roberts, Kelechi, Sane, Stones, Sterling & Jesus. It's funny how things can change so quickly, an ageing squad no longer.

Very exiting and promising indeed, already a key figure in that Brazilian team after just one game and has all the qualities to be the very best. Ronaldo certainly thinks so and that is high praise indeed. (but on a side note concerning the match- how Fernandinho does not get in that midfield has to be one of the current mysteries of life, as not only does he deserve to be in the squad, he will improve it that midfield significantly in my opinion).

Aguero, Gabriel, Iheanacho, with a bit of Nolito will be a very fluid, versatile, Guardiola- esque goal striking force come January and beyond.

Very exiting and promising indeed, already a key figure in that Brazilian team after just one game and has all the qualities to be the very best. Ronaldo certainly thinks so and that is high praise indeed. (but on a side note concerning the match- how Fernandinho does not get in that midfield has to be one of the current mysteries of life, as not only does he deserve to be in the squad, he will improve it that midfield significantly in my opinion).

As I mentioned earlier in the thread. Paulinho and Renato Augusto are Tite's favorite guys from his old club Corinthians that he won with. It's not really a knock on Fernandinho

As I mentioned earlier in the thread. Paulinho and Renato Augusto are Tite's favorite guys from his old club Corinthians that he won with. It's not really a knock on Fernandinho

Not a good enough reason to leave a player like Fernandinho out of the squad (he is not even in the squad) and I hope the manager comes to his senses. Evidently their midfield needs Fernandinho, who will be able to stabilize, dominate and also have the ability to play those balls in behind for Gabriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.