Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunatelly the injury was confirmed, nothing serious as I said, but Gabriel will be out for the next 15 days. At least he will rest for a while to come back for the last of the season.

Cheers

He's improving at a pretty fast rate imo. The way he can chest the ball down whilst he's in the air is huge skill of his considering his size. Check his previous game vs Santos where he chests the ball down whilst in the air to lay off a chance for a teammate. It's just quality.

Aguero, G. Jesus, Sane, Sterling... Don't think any team has such an abundance of pace to call upon in their front 3. There's obviously Navas too (and perhaps Roberts next season replacing him)

Early days and alot can go wrong in terms of adapting to a new country but I've been fretting a bit about how we're going to eventually replace Aguero. I'm pretty calm about it now that this lad is a blue

With Flamengo and Corinthians coming up, title hopes can begin to fade if he's out for the next 3 games. Flamengo have been the surprise package this season but are always prone to a bit of inconsistency. Corinthians of course won the league last season so they have a bit more staying power in recent history. Wish Palmeiras didn't rely on our boy so much. I liken this league to the PL in saying that anyone is capable of getting a result so the race will probably go all the way to the end.

Oh boy, bfrom that video i can only say hopefuly he gets a very long rest. Can't believe how dirty they are allowed to play! Reminded me of the time when Valdivia played for Palmeiras

Lad has played 5 games in 15 days, for a lad that young there's no wonder he's picked up a slight knock. Yeah the team doctor said that jesus said himself he was fine but so did kompany all last season... players don't know their bodies as well as they may think.

Hope the lad recovers soon.

I was only saying last week that I hope they didn't burn him out! Five games in 15 days is a lot for a 19 year old who's also been flown around South America for the national team.

Just glad it's nothing serious and let's hope he gets given enough time to fully recover. Worst thing they could do is rush him back and it becomes a recurring injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.