Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great he chose City.

I know it has been probably discussed many times...will he meet Premier League 'restrictions ' for work permit as he has only played 2 games for National team?
I think someone said before that he doesn't need so many games at senior level given his age (as he'd not have had the time to get them I presume).

I was in the stadium yesterday. We beat São Paulo, one of our greatest rivals (corinthians being the other one). Palmeiras has three big matches incoming, gremio out, flamengo home, corinthians out. If Palmeiras is able to survive this sequence, being already three points ahead of flamengo (2nd), it will be hard to catch us. Gabriel will have, I think, the most important game so far in his life, 15 days from now in the match against corinthians, in their stadium probably needing a good result to stay at first place. He never scored against corinthians, I think it will be a good farewell present if he help us beat them, in his last derby (how corinthians x palmeiras game is called).

Yesterday Gabriel played for 30 mins only and changed the game when he entered. We were loosing 1x0 and the coach put him in the left side cause sao paulo had an improvised player in there. He turned that guy life literally into an inferno. Spaces were opened when he came in, plays were made, 2 goals were scored. Gabriel's play you guys posted here was amazing. He is relatively small (1,76m high) and thin but he was able to dominate the ball in the middle of three defenders using his body to protect it and then gave and excelent shot that was also amazingly defended by the goal keeper.

cheers from brazil.

Great post mate.

Thanks for all the interesting info. about the games.

I was in the stadium yesterday. We beat São Paulo, one of our greatest rivals (corinthians being the other one). Palmeiras has three big matches incoming, gremio out, flamengo home, corinthians out. If Palmeiras is able to survive this sequence, being already three points ahead of flamengo (2nd), it will be hard to catch us. Gabriel will have, I think, the most important game so far in his life, 15 days from now in the match against corinthians, in their stadium probably needing a good result to stay at first place. He never scored against corinthians, I think it will be a good farewell present if he help us beat them, in his last derby (how corinthians x palmeiras game is called).

Yesterday Gabriel played for 30 mins only and changed the game when he entered. We were loosing 1x0 and the coach put him in the left side cause sao paulo had an improvised player in there. He turned that guy life literally into an inferno. Spaces were opened when he came in, plays were made, 2 goals were scored. Gabriel's play you guys posted here was amazing. He is relatively small (1,76m high) and thin but he was able to dominate the ball in the middle of three defenders using his body to protect it and then gave and excelent shot that was also amazingly defended by the goal keeper.

cheers from brazil.

Hope you win the league my friend and Gab stays fit

Good luck

Palmeiras x Gremio will begin in 2 hours. Gabriel will be on the starting lineup. Flamengo won yesterday and is tied with Palmeiras, both with 46 pts. The game is in Gremio stadium (southern part of Brazil, almost argentina) and its very important not to loose there. I will post a summary of Gabriel's performance after the game. Cheers!

Palmeiras x Gremio will begin in 2 hours. Gabriel will be on the starting lineup. Flamengo won yesterday and is tied with Palmeiras, both with 46 pts. The game is in Gremio stadium (southern part of Brazil, almost argentina) and its very important not to loose there. I will post a summary of Gabriel's performance after the game. Cheers!
Many Thanks

The game between palmeiras and gremio finished with a draw 0 x 0. It was a game on where both teams fought for each ball leaving not many spaces for creation. Lot of intensity from the players and some bad tackles and fouls. Gabriel played pratically alone in palmeiras attack battling with at least three defenders and was capable of doing his part, serving as an scape route to Palmeiras defense, constantly bombarded by Gremio. Unfortunatelly he left the field at minute 75, with an injury, nothing serious at first glance (we will have a precise diagnosis tomorrow with the results of clinical exams), but I dont know if he will be able to play against corinthians, his last derby in Palmeiras. But it happens, we are still leaders and Gabriel will be back at no time.Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.