Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he is able to go against Corinthians..! Were Gremio out to kick him off the park?
I hope that too mate! The southern part of Brasil has a lot of similarities with Uruguay and Argentina, from the temperate climate to the style of football, allways "aguerrido", as they call it, tactical discipline with a lot of intensity on defense, sometime with nasty plays, tackles, etc. But Gabriel played as a teenager on what we call "varzea paulistana", the amateur leagues of the city of São Paulo. He is used to being closely marked and I will say, he embraces it. He has a real talent to use his body and balance to get rid of his marker.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I hope that too mate! The southern part of Brasil has a lot of similarities with Uruguay and Argentina, from the temperate climate to the syle of football, allways "aguerrido", as they called, tactical discipline with a lot of intensity on defense, sometime with nasty plays, tackles, etc. But Gabriel played as a teenager on what we call "varzea paulistana", the amateur leagues of the city of São Paulo. He is used to being closely marked and I will say, he embraces it. He has a real talent to use his body and balance to get rid of his marker.

Cheers!
Thanks for the information mate, it's hard seeing more than clips over here, if you ever make it over to Manchester I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome and a few beers

The game between palmeiras and gremio finished with a draw 0 x 0. It was a game on where both teams fought for each ball leaving not many spaces for creation. Lot of intensity from the players and some bad tackles and fouls. Gabriel played pratically alone in palmeiras attack battling with at least three defenders and was capable of doing his part, serving as an scape route to Palmeiras defense, constantly bombarded by Gremio. Unfortunatelly he left the field at minute 75, with an injury, nothing serious at first glance (we will have a precise diagnosis tomorrow with the results of clinical exams), but I dont know if he will be able to play against corinthians, his last derby in Palmeiras. But it happens, we are still leaders and Gabriel will be back at no time.Cheers

Keep us updated on his injury. I hope he makes it back in time for your derby and you guys go on to win the league.

As harsh as it sounds this isn't a bad thing for us. He's played an awful lot of football recently, travelled from pillar to post and his game is blood and thunder. Time to recuperate and a spell out of the limelight may well do him good in the long term.
Great shame for the player on a personal level though.

Wish he'd got the derby before getting injured. Groin shouldn't be much time so doesn't really affect us.

I really like the look of this kid,the footage in the above video shows what he's all about in terms of attitude.He was obviously targeted from the off but that didnt stop him - he looks as tough and resilient as he is skillful,and,when he fully matures,i reckon he's gonna be a real handful for any defence.

He appears to just love playing football and being involved at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.