Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people in the match and post match thread think he was shit and not impressed so far with him. Seriously.

I accept I`m going to get a lot of shit over my assessment of GJ, but I just don`t think the lad will cut it in the PL.
I accept that he`s scored a few goals but for me he`s not the same player that I saw continually beat defenders left right and centre, whilst playing in the Brazilian League.
However what a player he is whilst playing for his home country.
Why is that ??
More freedom,worse defenders,a different role ?
I would love to be proven wrong but I do worry that the PL is not his forte.
Goals or consistency in his play ?
Sometimes players of a certain calibre cannot be deemed as average,due to their stock.
Please prove me wrong Jesus and even more so Pep,make him a world beater.

I think we need to remember that he's only 20 and has been unlucky with injuries, the most recent one being a serious knee injury. I think he's an exciting prospect but probably does need more time to settle in and get used to the premier league. Also it can't be easy for a 20 year old to play understudy to Aguero. He has all the ingredients to be a superstar, but needs to do the hard yards first, then we'll see what he's made of. I am confident there's a lot more to come.

I think we need to remember that he's only 20 and has been unlucky with injuries, the most recent one being a serious knee injury. I think he's an exciting prospect but probably does need more time to settle in and get used to the premier league. Also it can't be easy for a 20 year old to play understudy to Aguero. He has all the ingredients to be a superstar, but needs to do the hard yards first, then we'll see what he's made of. I am confident there's a lot more to come.

New country , new club , new manager , new team mates , new culture and he has had a couple of very serious injuries , on the face of it he has done exceptional , some compare him to Robinho because he is maybe a little lightweight and from Brazil , but i think he is totally different , he is a fighter and a winner and will never stop working at his game.

Was a good game for him mentally as he was subjected to a few tough challenges and threw himself into a few full blooded 50/50s. He’ll have gained confidence in his knee. Understandably rusty.

Looked like he has lost all his confidence and was scared after his recent injury. Hopefully a few more minutes and he will be up to speed.

Didnt hold the ball up or was strong enough against Basle , hopefully just a match fitness issue , but along with Stones has come back from injury a shadow of his former self

I think with Jesus it’s to early to make that judgement. It was his first full game. The only thing that concerns me with him is that you rarely see him score any other type of goal than a tap in. I’m not sure he is the type who will score many goals from outside the area for example.

Stones you are correct with. He has had long enough to sort himself out and so far hasn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.