Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people think it has to be either or with Aguero and Jesus, as Pep said we should be happy to have them both because we need them both and when Mendy returns we will see them both in the starting 11 for some games.

There's a quote I heard from Cruyff recently(as we know Pep's philosophy is based on what he learned from him) that sums up why Pep values Jesus so highly "In my teams, the goalie is the first attacker, and the striker is the first defender."

Ederson and Jesus are perfect for this system so much so that I think we should probably relax a bit more in the next transfer window for a change, we are in good hands now.

Some people think it has to be either or with Aguero and Jesus, as Pep said we should be happy to have them both because we need them both and when Mendy returns we will see them both in the starting 11 for some games.

There's a quote I heard from Cruyff recently(as we know Pep's philosophy is based on what he learned from him) that sums up why Pep values Jesus so highly "In my teams, the goalie is the first attacker, and the striker is the first defender."

Ederson and Jesus are perfect for this system so much so that I think we should probably relax a bit more in the next transfer window for a change, we are in good hands now.

Thanks for sharing that Cruyff quote. I was thinking about Jesus being the CF version of Ederson yesterday and that made a lot of sense to me. Not a hard connection to make but it really is true.

At some point in the season when Aguero was poor and Jesus lively, a lot of the Super-Aguero fans went balistic when some suggested Jesus sholsh be starting. And those Aguero boys made silly arguments and often resorted to insults against those who made such suggestions.

Unfortunately, now I'm.seeing the reverse. A lot of pro-Jesus fans trying to find argument for why Jesus deserves time and the like.

I'd like to think of myself as a 'just the facts' follower. And at this point in time Aguero is simply and undeniably the better option. And should always start until further notice.

That's what the most recent facts suggest.

At some point in the season when Aguero was poor and Jesus lively, a lot of the Super-Aguero fans went balistic when some suggested Jesus sholsh be starting. And those Aguero boys made silly arguments and often resorted to insults against those who made such suggestions.

Unfortunately, now I'm.seeing the reverse. A lot of pro-Jesus fans trying to find argument for why Jesus deserves time and the like.

I'd like to think of myself as a 'just the facts' follower. And at this point in time Aguero is simply and undeniably the better option. And should always start until further notice.

That's what the most recent facts suggest.
With all due respect, whilst your last line is very true, saying Jesus deserves time and the like is not the reverse of saying Aguero should be starting over Jesus.

With Kun being injured , it looks like Jesus will get a chance to shine at Stoke , the Basle game was difficult for him we were short of ideas but with KDB and Merlin back and supplying the ammunition hopefully we will see a rejuvenated Jesus running Shawcross & Co. ragged , forward line of Sterling , Jesus , Sane please versus Stoke they won't know what has hit them

With all due respect, whilst your last line is very true, saying Jesus deserves time and the like is not the reverse of saying Aguero should be starting over Jesus.
This is Exciting. We seldom disagree :)

I don't know if saying Jesus 'deserves' time is accurate. Should he get playing time behind Aguero? Sure. But if you look at some of the claims above and on the game thread, the suggestions tend to lean towards ' "Jesus should start coz he needs to get into playing shape." That sounds a lot like the "Aguero should start because of all he had done in the past" arguments.

Neither rings true or acceptable to me. The in form striker should always start. And the other can get time as there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.