Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably won't see it until next season. His comments about Mendy today would suggest we won't be starting Mendy enough before the season closes to make that formation worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play Jesus ahead of Aguero in a CL game if he thinks it's necessary. Not saying he will, especially considering Aguero's form. But as AD says there's a lot Jesus does that transforms our team in a different way, and it might have it's tactical benefits that Aguero just can't provide.

I feel like we could see the formation after the league is won so that we can utilize it in the Champions league if we have to but I don't think it will be common

Thanks for sharing that Cruyff quote. I was thinking about Jesus being the CF version of Ederson yesterday and that made a lot of sense to me. Not a hard connection to make but it really is true.
No problem it was actually in Tifo's Ederson analysis the other week, even though it was for Ederson, I thought of Gabby Jesus at the same time when I heard it.

Big part in the first, Assisted the second with some lovely vision, great bit of skill before laying it off to Kev who put Kyle clean through. Should have had a tap in from Raz...Good game

Big part in the first, Assisted the second with some lovely vision, great bit of skill before laying it off to Kev who put Kyle clean through. Should have had a tap in from Raz...Good game

Exactly. Very good play and pass for the pre assist in 1st goal.

Overall was great.

Key role in both goals. Still getting up to speed after the injury, but good progress.

He had a great game, but he really does need to work on his offside/onside positioning.

There were some really obvious times tonight when he was offside and just didn't need to be. He's miles faster than anyone in Stoke's defence, he could have been 3 yards onside at all times and would have got on the end of balls. He needs to recognise that quicker in games, he doesn't always have to be on the edge. Also felt like he was ahead of Sterling for the entirety of that 2v1 with Butland, it made it look very awkward and if Sterling had passed I think the flag would have gone up.

Just something to work on. Overall he was great and I'm pretty sure if Hazard leaves, he'll take that "most fouled player in the league" stat.

Key role in both goals. Sharpness still slightly off hence the few times he strayed offside

He had a great game, but he really does need to work on his offside/onside positioning.

There were some really obvious times tonight when he was offside and just didn't need to be. He's miles faster than anyone in Stoke's defence, he could have been 3 yards onside at all times and would have got on the end of balls. He needs to recognise that quicker in games, he doesn't always have to be on the edge. Also felt like he was ahead of Sterling for the entirety of that 2v1 with Butland, it made it look very awkward and if Sterling had passed I think the flag would have gone up.

Just something to work on. Overall he was great and I'm pretty sure if Hazard leaves, he'll take that "most fouled player in the league" stat.
Watching the replay i think he was not off side when they start the run and most part of the time, but in the last instant if Sterling pass it to him it would be off side.

Anyway, up 2-0 i dont blame Sterling for trying to score tbh.

Watching the replay i think he was not off side when they start the run and most part of the time, but in the last instant if Sterling pass it to him it would be off side.

Anyway, up 2-0 i dont blame Sterling for trying to score tbh.

No I don't blame Sterling either, it's kind of like when he demanded to take that penalty off Aguero earlier in the season, it shows his confidence is sky high, which is the most important thing with Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.