Gabriel Jesus - 2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The videos from Brazil were frightening. The explosion from deep positions, the clinical technique....It was like watching fucking Romario.

We all remember poor Castillo but this was obviously a bit different.

Turrns out, first glimpses of the real thing have been frightening as well. He's thinking very, very quickly for the assist. And how he cleanly managed to strike it. Stunning.

I daren't even think about what he's going to do over the next five years.

A couple of notes. He's an unknown right now. There'll be lulls, there'll be a setback or two. Messi - just as an example - don't get excited, didn't play more than 28 league games for quite a few seasons before ending up playing every single game in a two year period.

He looks like an early developer. That is, he already looks physically and mentally mature. Whereas Sterling and Sane look like they are developing. I'll send out this warning - he will lose that explosiveness sooner than we'd like, as happened with Owen. And Serge. And Rooney. I think time wil be kinder to him, he has a more slender, agile frame than the last two, and unlike Owen, he has the tactical and technical stuff in spades. IMO the best thing would be for his development to concentrate on using that side of his game to hurt opponents. That will naturally create chances where he can use that speed to break the lines.

He picked up a knock vs. Spurs.
So you're saying he was not in training and his situation in fact WAS different to Iheanacho's? Well I never! Earlier I was "trumped because Pep saying he's not injured beats real evidence". I'm assuming you still don't accept that Iheanacho's City future is bleak and still believe everything Pep says? Couldn't even get on the bench for a cup match when Aguero is unavailable. Which is what I was telling you in the first place.

Wow. We've got some player on our hands here. What was so good to see was his energy levels. Having Kompany back in the side made our defence look a million miles better, having Jesus up top made our pressing play so much more effective. He was chasing everything and Sane and Sterling got in on the act too. Three young players all with pace and energy in abundance.

The most impressive thing was the movement. Always showing for the ball and despite heavy touches and giving it away occasionally he fought straight away to win it back, ending up well into our half at times. His turn and pass for Sterling was perfect, any less weight and Sterling has time to cock that up with self doubt and thinking too much. Instead he could run onto it and he finished it well. Sterling hadn't been very good until that moment, but it lifted him.

So unlucky not to score, to see a 19 year old, on his first start - away from home in the rain/hail and against an Allardyce team... out strength the defender and from nothing get onto the ball, round the keeper and then slip! So gutted for him.

To top things off though, that run to win the free kick! So exciting. An instant buzz watching him play, especially when you had Sane doing some equally exciting stuff and Silva and Kompany showing their class. He didn't know he'd have to go off having had treatment and he was devastated, but still managed a huge smile when Yaya scored and at the final whistle you could see he could have played another 90 minutes. With Sane, Sterling and Jesus in our squad we've got so much energy. Credit to Delph as well, I think his efforts in midfield made the balance in the side a lot better. De Bruyne or Silva not both seems to be the choice for Pep unless we use him wide instead of Sterling but I don't think he's best there.

I'm sure it's probably already been asked/answered on here, but I'm too lazy to check. Is Gabe in the CL squad? I believe you can make amendments to the squad in January, can't you?

I'm sure it's probably already been asked/answered on here, but I'm too lazy to check. Is Gabe in the CL squad? I believe you can make amendments to the squad in January, can't you?

He will be.

Because of regulations around u21 players (you have to be at the club over 2 years to count as u21) Kelechi had to be registered as a senior player in August.

However, he's now been here over 2 years and so qualifies to be on the u21 list, freeing up a senior spot which can be filled with GJ.

The other change will probably be Yaya in for Gundogan.

Not even scored for us yet, I'd be looking to cash in while we can.
We could make a tidy profit if someone would pay 28m.

That said he'll probably go on loan to Italy if we are willing to pay his wages.

We could make a tidy profit if someone would pay 28m.

That said he'll probably go on loan to Italy if we are willing to pay his wages.

We won't make profit selling him on for 28m £, as he had a sign-on bonus, agent bonus etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.