Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel Jesus on punching the VAR monitor after being sent off last night: "I want to apologise. I could have avoided it and I also need to grow up a lot."

“It was a moment of anger, right? It was a mixture of emotions and anger, from my point of view, at the red card. I could have hurt someone and I’m glad I didn’t. I was wanting to help the team and that moment could have hurt.”

“We were winning, playing a good game, and the referee makes the wrong decision... I do not want to shut people up. I am aware of my quality, my football what brought me here today. Criticism, as well as praise, will come.”

Just been 're reading this thread, what is your current evaluation of Jesus?

To think there's been posters on here claiming they don't think he's good enough to be Aguero's replacement. The lad is still only 22 and playing this well. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he becomes first choice in Sergio's final year.

This time last year the Britsh press were on Jesus back telling us all how much better Firmino was, luckily for Jesus Neymar understands as do most Brazilians the difference between the two, and who is getting dropped when Neymar comes back.
Jesus has had a very good Copa America even his penalty was full of emotion that endeared him to the fans, but what really showed was Firmino`s goal as he wheeled away to celebrate the rest of the team and squad pounced on Jesus to celebrate with their hero

He’s a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, isn’t he?
He is, but we don't want to take that passion away. Perhaps, Pep can have a word and ensure that this sort of incident does not occur again. He has already shown remorse and he can now focus on playing well for City again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.