Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News just now, “Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino setting up Jesus”. Now call me paranoid but there was no mention of Everton’s first goal being “set up” by Jesus which was a brilliant 20 yards pin point cross from Gabby. Firmino’s set up was a 1 yard pass with Jesus finishing well picking his spot. Liverpool and Roberto, not Manchester City and Gabriel. Then “this clumsy foul by Jesus earned him a second yellow” was followed by an almost identical incident which led to a Brazil penalty and was merely called “ a foul”. Nitpicking certainly but the agenda is clearly there.
don't forget the small fact that Arthur set up Jesus. :-)

The sending off bugged me because the ref didn't have the sense to call over Jesus and his captain for a word of caution after the initial bad foul on Jesus. Anyone with half a brain knows that after such a foul the "victim" will be seething so it a word with them that you should have, not with the "perpetrator". Some good refereeing could have avoided the whole situation.

But then again any captain should recognize this too. They've only been playing since about 5 and have seen this happening at least a couple of times in each competition they've played in since.

But then again Jesus should know this too.

And then there's the fact that as far as revenge tackles goes it was fairly harmless. It wasn't even a yellow imo.

So you see nothing wrong with knocking the VAR equipment over ??
Deary me take your fucking blue tinted glasses off.
He`ll be in shit street the idiot.

Think you're being overly harsh on him. Unfortunately lost his head at another questionable decision but he made the difference yesterday and any ban for the national team will be good news for us.

"From now on I will be boring and obedient. I want to apologize, especially for the children who saw it. I could have hurt someone and am relieved that that didn't happen."

"I was very angry and emotional after the red card that I thought was wrong. We were winning, but my red card still made it difficult for us in the final phase. Fortunately we won anyway."

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports...ed-in-the-copa-américa-final-.SJmhggFl-H.html

Think you're being overly harsh on him. Unfortunately lost his head at another questionable decision but he made the difference yesterday and any ban for the national team will be good news for us.
Tugs don`t get me wrong mate.The lad has had a wonderful tournament.
However his silly petulance after the sending off and towards the VAR equipment will land him in hot water.Its OK (well its actually not nowadays,to kick a water bottle) to show displeasure at being sent off,but to then go too far,will land him in trouble.
Can you imagine the outrage on this very forum had it been Pogba doing the same thing in a European competition ?
Maybe,just maybe the South American Footballing Authorities will be a little easy on him.Unfortunately I think not.

Last edited:
"From now on I will be boring and obedient. I want to apologize, especially for the children who saw it. I could have hurt someone and am relieved that that didn't happen."

"I was very angry and emotional after the red card that I thought was wrong. We were winning, but my red card still made it difficult for us in the final phase. Fortunately we won anyway."

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2019-07-08---jesus-apologizes-for-misconduct-after-the-red-in-the-copa-américa-final-.SJmhggFl-H.html
Fair play to the lad.

Tugs don`t get me wrong mate.The lad has had a wonderful tournament.
However his silly petulance after the sending off and towards the VAR equipment will land him in hot water.Its OK (well its actually nowadays,to kick a water bottle) to show displeasure at being sent off,but to then go too far,will land him in trouble.
Can you imagine the outrage on this very forum had it been Pogba doing the same thing in a European competition ?
Maybe,just maybe the South American Footballing Authorities will be a little easy on him.Unfortunately I think not.

I just think some people will take issue with you calling him an idiot but I totally agree with what you're saying.

Gabriel Jesus on punching the VAR monitor after being sent off last night: "I want to apologise. I could have avoided it and I also need to grow up a lot."

“It was a moment of anger, right? It was a mixture of emotions and anger, from my point of view, at the red card. I could have hurt someone and I’m glad I didn’t. I was wanting to help the team and that moment could have hurt.”

“We were winning, playing a good game, and the referee makes the wrong decision... I do not want to shut people up. I am aware of my quality, my football what brought me here today. Criticism, as well as praise, will come.”

Great to see Jesus playing with more confidence again. Fully expect him to start a few games up front alongside aguero next season as well as a significant amount instead of aguero. It’s his time.

22 yr old adrenaline filled,and very passionate, kid unable to control his emotions.....whatever next!

He'll learn....and his recent comments suggest he already has.I don't want him to lose that passion and desire,it just needs a lid periodically.
I have no doubt he is gonna be a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.