Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why anyone has been concerned about him. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of gobshites out there who couldn't spot talent if it bit them on the arse but a shite international tournament last summer seemed to dramatically change people's opinions of him. A couple of decent games for Brazil this summer and opinion is changing again.

Ultimately, I think his worth will be defined by his form at club level and he will absolutely fucking smash the goals in when given a run of games.

People make judgements about Jesus based on end product, but often miss the side of his game where he unselfishly works the space for other players to benefit.

Some games last season, Jesus would work his ass off, pulling defenders out of position to make space for others to run into, yet because he didn't provide an assist or score a goal he was a waste of space in some eyes, even though his positional play without the ball creates chances for other players.

Jesus is a great team player, and end product will come. Right now I think he's doing the right things and he will eventually start banging in chances regularly.

People make judgements about Jesus based on end product, but often miss the side of his game where he unselfishly works the space for other players to benefit.

Some games last season, Jesus would work his ass off, pulling defenders out of position to make space for others to run into, yet because he didn't provide an assist or score a goal he was a waste of space in some eyes, even though his positional play without the ball creates chances for other players.

Jesus is a great team player, and end product will come. Right now I think he's doing the right things and he will eventually start banging in chances regularly.

He does bang in chances pretty regularly imo.

I think the fact he is a brilliant & hardworking footballer, means that he should not have to score 30 goals a season in order to be rated as a top player.

But he probably will anyhow, if he plays enough.

Nope - he's got a lot more room move, which allows him the freedom to play his creative game
On the evidence of his perfomamces at Copa America playing out wide, that argument has got some merit. That said I personally think his outstanding performances have more to do with his taking his game to another level rather than his switch from playing upfront to wide attack.

He was just on a different level compared to what he has been doing recently. Finnese, skill and confidence were sky high.

Who won player of the tournament?

He does all the hard work and link up play that Firmino does, but he's got a lot more flair and dribbling skills as well as being a better finisher.

Sky News just now, “Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino setting up Jesus”. Now call me paranoid but there was no mention of Everton’s first goal being “set up” by Jesus which was a brilliant 20 yards pin point cross from Gabby. Firmino’s set up was a 1 yard pass with Jesus finishing well picking his spot. Liverpool and Roberto, not Manchester City and Gabriel. Then “this clumsy foul by Jesus earned him a second yellow” was followed by an almost identical incident which led to a Brazil penalty and was merely called “ a foul”. Nitpicking certainly but the agenda is clearly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.