Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus is a gifted player - but I'm not sure of his future in our squad.

For me he's a clear 2nd choice to Kun at striker - and given the option - does he really out-perform Sterling at the nine?

Was thinking this a few weeks back but he has grafted in the opportunities he has been given and the hat trick against Shaktah will have done him no harm. He is young so there are going to be times when his form drops in an out, we have seen it with Sterling and Sane. His big problem at the moment is Pep will always pick Sergio when fit so he wont get a run of games where he knows he will start.

He's struggling somewhat with his finishing at the minute but a bit of perspective is needed

He has a Premier League goal every 125 minutes to date. That can only be bettered by three players since the PL began, Aguero, Kane and Henry.

I'm always impressed by this guy's interplay. I was just rewatching the end of the Liverpool match and discovered that he was the player that played the pivotal pass to Silva who then delivered the final pass to Sane for the penalty. Also, remember his great run to take away the center forward when Bernado scored against Shaktar.

I have to disagree strongly with you there.
Losing Jesus would be a big negative for our future.
It would be devastating to the years of planning by Txiki and Pep. Jesus cost 27mil, no where on the planet will we be able to get someone to come in after Aguero for anywhere near that price. Never mind Jesus by then will have 3-4 years under his belt.

I have no worries whatsoever, he is unfortunate that Aguero is still here because otherwise he would be the first name on the teamsheet.

DAILY MAIL: SHOCK AS BRAZILIAN MANCHESTER CITY SUPERSTAR ON 100MILLION A YEAR WATERBOARDS BRAZILIAN MIGRANT

He'll get there, some of his hold up play was really good.

But he does admittedly seem a bit lacking in confidence. I would suggest watching Sterling's development he merits our patience.

I keep reading his hold up play is good etc but he is a striker and has to contribute with goals,always offside,he has been here long enough to have improved but i feel he has gone backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.