Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was again great though in his close control and link up play, not too sure about the criticism in this thread after we were winning 3-0 when he got on and had basically 1 good chance to score, even that was a tough one to take and he almost did it.

He wasn't great but he didn't exaclty have much supply or movement I thought. Nowhere near our worst player

Though he seems to have lost some of the confidence and Brazilian flair from when he joined.

He is many many years away from being good enough to be Aguero's replacement. If Aguero is leaving in a couple of years then we will need to go to the market again cos Jesus is nowhere near ready.

I hope I'm wrong but I simply don't see the desire there anymore with him. Played well within himself mostly since coming back from his injury.

I just don’t think he’s very good. He may work in a 442 with a goal scoring forward - a bit like Goater and Dickov

Not as goal hungry as Aguero is. Didn't do huge deals wrong, but you can feel the hunger to score when Aguero gets on, whereas Jesus is much more content to link up & play one-two's.

He's got more all round game than Aguero for me, but could do with absorbing some of that desire to score at all times that Aguero has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.