Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's fucking fantastic.

No idea why anyone particularly criticises him about anything compared to any of our other best players tbh.

I can only assume folks are expecting him to be a different kind of player than the one he is & judging him on that.

For sure. I can understand the frustration that some might have but not to the point where I could see reason to slag him off because he did come in with some of that 'next Ronaldo' type hype. I was arguably his staunchest supporters on the site well before he signed for us and if we're being completely honest here he still has a lot left to show us. Those who knew he'd succeed was because of his intangibles, fight on the pitch, and mindset...the flicks and brilliant solo runs would just be the icing on the cake. The kid still has a lot left to prove and he will.

Not to slag off Leroy here but another reason why some were so confident of his instant success was because there was almost a 0 chance of him ever having attitude or training issues (IF that's even true regarding leroy...but the point remains).

Both Richarlison and Firmino with strong performances for Brazil, should be some motivation for Gabby

For sure. I can understand the frustration that some might have but not to the point where I could see reason to slag him off because he did come in with some of that 'next Ronaldo' type hype. I was arguably his staunchest supporters on the site well before he signed for us and if we're being completely honest here he still has a lot left to show us. Those who knew he'd succeed was because of his intangibles, fight on the pitch, and mindset...the flicks and brilliant solo runs would just be the icing on the cake. The kid still has a lot left to prove and he will.

Not to slag off Leroy here but another reason why some were so confident of his instant success was because there was almost a 0 chance of him ever having attitude or training issues (IF that's even true regarding leroy...but the point remains).

Agree. I think the problem is that when a player is from ‘Brazil’ they are deemed to be this godly talent from the get go. The youtube (which i hate in this respect) clips of him when in Brazil showed a player with all the flicks, tricks, runs etc etc that got him past players. The reality is that our league will take a massive adjustment on his part to incorporate his style of play. We have seen snippets of this raw ability when he has received the ball then turned and ghosted 2 players this season - but these episodes are few and far between since his arrival.

He needs to learn other parts of the game - positioning, what runs to make, what passes to pick which I am sure and hope that Pep is focusing on to make him more complete. Jesus may turn out to become a potent box finisher and not this player who will beat 3 or four defenders, that is what we will have to watch as he grows into the player he will become.

However he has the attributes to become either type and thst is something we should be excited about

I think he's fucking fantastic.

No idea why anyone particularly criticises him about anything compared to any of our other best players tbh.

I can only assume folks are expecting him to be a different kind of player than the one he is & judging him on that.
I agree .brilliant player.

He doesn’t have the midfield we have.

He's played most of his Liverpool career with Coutinho and Milner (7th most assists in PL history) behind him and now has the likes of Salah, Mane and Keita.

Really good player but if he hasn't got a better goal ratio than Gabby now then he never will.

He's played most of his Liverpool career with Coutinho and Milner (7th most assists in PL history) behind him and now has the likes of Salah, Mane and Keita.

Really good player but if he hasn't got a better goal ratio than Gabby now then he never will.

He also plays for a team who play often on the counter attack, so a lot of his goalscoring positions are against few defenders. We have seen what Jesus is capable of when he gets a bit of space.

It will be interesting to see how the stats of Firminho & Salah (& Mane for that matter) stack up vs Aguero, Jesus, Sterling etc, if teams start parking the bus v Liverpool, to the same extent they do v City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.