Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only explanation for him wanting to leave now is the WC. He’d be making more money if he sat tight for another year. We should never allow him to leave easily. He’s needed for the knockout CL games (unlike Sterling)
I’d also prefer Jesus to stay over Sterling. Any idea why Jesus departure has gone fairly quiet?

Yep that will be the squad and it makes me think we need to buy a right back and reluctantly let Zin go
Walker & Cancelo are the right backs in our squad, Mendy & Zinchenko are the left backs, Mendy's unavailability has meant Cancelo has been used at left back. We need a left back to replace Mendy, to get us back to where we started last season, so that Cancelo is not over played.

Walker & Cancelo are the right backs in our squad, Mendy & Zinchenko are the left backs, Mendy's unavailability has meant Cancelo has been used at left back. We need a left back to replace Mendy, to get us back to where we started last season, so that Cancelo is not over played.
That would mean our two best full backs taking turns while the other side had two weaker players. I think we wont find a better left back than Cancelo.

That would mean our two best full backs taking turns while the other side had two weaker players. I think we wont find a better left back than Cancelo.
Taking turns at RB was what happened as Cancelo worked his way towards parity with Walker, so nothing new there. His appearances at left back initially came as a result of availability problems with left backs, his ability there imo much higher than was expected, when Mendy was missing, Cancelo played many more games at LB than planned but that cannot go on, he will burn out. I disagree that Zinchenko is a weaker player, he is a different type of player as clearly shown in his Villa cameo. We originally had the solid speedy Walker, the creative risk taking offensive Cancelo, briefly the physical attacking Mendy and the technically excellent possession retaing Zinny, 4 different types of players to give Pep broad tactical options. We might not find a better LB than Cancelo but Pep favours him on the right, as he said post Villa, so we need a LB replacement for Mendy or decide to move Cancelo to LB along with Zinny, and buy a RB of equivalent standard as Cancelo, then if Zinny leaves we need both a new RB & LB to maintain the 4 options, that will be disruptive & expensive.

I’d also prefer Jesus to stay over Sterling. Any idea why Jesus departure has gone fairly quiet?
Arsenal are showing interests in Raphinha. If they get Raphinha, i dont think jesus will go there. Spurs are getting Richarlison, Inter are getting dybala and lukaku. So maybe the only options jesus have are juve and chelsea. Juve are financially broke, and as chelsea prefer Sterling if both sterling and jesus are available for the same money

So there's a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.