Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do wonder if clubs will be more likely to wait for free transfers given they are becomming more the norm these days (and I expect this to only get more common)

Arsenal can buy Raphinha for £50mil this summer then Gabby for free next

Obviously comes with risk as he can renew with us or he can end up attracting more clubs that blow arsenal out the water

I do still think we will see Gabby leaving this summer, less confident on Sterling though...but if you're spending £50mil on a Brazilian I can't see how you aren't picking Gabby over Richarlison or Rapphinha, Gabby is clear

Taking turns at RB was what happened as Cancelo worked his way towards parity with Walker, so nothing new there. His appearances at left back initially came as a result of availability problems with left backs, his ability there imo much higher than was expected, when Mendy was missing, Cancelo played many more games at LB than planned but that cannot go on, he will burn out. I disagree that Zinchenko is a weaker player, he is a different type of player as clearly shown in his Villa cameo. We originally had the solid speedy Walker, the creative risk taking offensive Cancelo, briefly the physical attacking Mendy and the technically excellent possession retaing Zinny, 4 different types of players to give Pep broad tactical options. We might not find a better LB than Cancelo but Pep favours him on the right, as he said post Villa, so we need a LB replacement for Mendy or decide to move Cancelo to LB along with Zinny, and buy a RB of equivalent standard as Cancelo, then if Zinny leaves we need both a new RB & LB to maintain the 4 options, that will be disruptive & expensive.
Yes I had considered all that and they are all good points you make. Historically that is the way things have panned out. Cancelo was originally average at best at LB but is exceptional there now making many teams of the season playing there.

To me, it still feels that we already have more options on the left than the right and that’s before we buy another full back.

I‘d like to see Cancelo and Zin on the left and Walker and a new full back on the right. Walker I think is also the eldest of all the full backs and probably needs more breaks than the others while Cancelo is a Duracell Bunny.

Now if Pep sees a RB from the academy is ready like Egan-Riley then that’s different.

Do wonder if clubs will be more likely to wait for free transfers given they are becomming more the norm these days (and I expect this to only get more common)

Arsenal can buy Raphinha for £50mil this summer then Gabby for free next

Obviously comes with risk as he can renew with us or he can end up attracting more clubs that blow arsenal out the water

I do still think we will see Gabby leaving this summer, less confident on Sterling though...but if you're spending £50mil on a Brazilian I can't see how you aren't picking Gabby over Richarlison or Rapphinha, Gabby is clear
I'd have thought Jesus is either now or never for Arsenal, in the winter transfer market he can sign a pre-contract with foreign clubs and go to any club in the world on a free. I can't see him turning down Real Madrid or Barcelona for instance next summer over Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.