Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if we want him to stay. If he won't sign a contract we have to sell him, Arsenal know this and are trying to wait us out. Also save themselves paying Jesus wages for a month or so.
It doesn't matter if he wont sign a contract either. People need to stop looking so much at what Arsenal might be thinking and start thinking of what City are likely thinking. City will be fine if we don't sell him for a start. So Arsenal aren't in the driving seat after all. Also, as much as I'm sure the club want Jesus to be happy and get what he wants, they aren't stupid and they aren't a charity.

City aren't going to have their pants pulled down by a PL rival on the asking price. Certainly not one who were one of the most prominent of the hateful 8 to boot(didn't that letter to UEFA have an Arsenal letter head if I remember right?). Why would City do that whilst Arsenal get to strengthen themselves off the back of it?

I'm almost certain Jesus would strengthen them too. Especially after factoring Arteta's relationship with him. The benefits would like go both ways. Jesus gets to go to a coach that understands him as a player and person, whilst getting more game time. Arteta gets a player who probably knows the way Arteta wants his team to play better than anyone in his current squad, that can play multiple positions.

I had a concern that they might try and buy both Jesus and Sterling because that would really give Arteta a leg up IMO. At least that's looking off the cards.

Last edited:
If he was going to a different league, then some of these arguments might hold water(£30m to go to a different league is more palatable) but this is a PL rival. You don't help them strengthen on the cheap, at least not without offering plenty of resistance, otherwise you'd be making mugs of yourselves.

I can see City digging their heels in and waiting this one out. Let Arsenal waste their window, if they are going to lowball us. Then maybe sell late in the window, if none of the other players who might be leaving go. That will at least give Arsenal less of a free run at all their targets. Arteta might be fine with City but Arsenal aren't as a club and that's who we are negotiating with. They aren't just the competition, they are our enemies. Same goes with Spurs last season and the rest of the Big 6 going forward, we should approach all deals with them with caution. Don't do them any favours because they wont do us any.

That said, £30m is just the first offer by the sounds of it. Knowing City value him at £50m. This might just be normal haggling/negotiation tactics. The transfer window has only been open a week and there's been internationals delaying a lot of negotiations too. Plenty of time left and City will still be fine if Jesus stays. Lets stop the silly "just take the offer quick because I'm antsy and want all our business done, so I can relax" type energy. If we do end up swallowing a shite deal, I hope we are atleast smarter than accepting it in the first week of the transfer window.

Last edited:
Et7hAfuXIAUIbro.jpg

And they want to grab gabby for £30 million?

I hope we are telling them where to go.

Does he? But the games aren't any longer? So still the same minutes to spread around?

68 games that's the goal, using 16 players in a game is gong to be a god send. This isn't FIFA 22, players get injured and need to be rested, in a game and from game to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.