Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all up for selling him but after a performance like that you’ve got to second guess yourself.

Having said that Watford are utter dross. One of us fat old sods could probably get one or two against them.

I'd keep Gabby - he can play a couple of positions across the front line and his work rate is immense.
Better finisher than Raz as well.
Game time is likely the key here.
Like most footballers he would want more than a bit part, and if The Arse can give him that I think he'd be off, and I'd wish him well, apart from two fixtures per season.

Quoted and reality are not the same thing. 160m for Sterling. FFS. If that ever happened a meteor hitting the world would be justice
You may have forgotten but just after the euros his stock was sky high…
I doubt we would have ever got that but it would certainly have been somewhere near 150 if he’d been sold then given his age and time on contract

Just look at the humber of injuries we have hand and the fact that Pep wants a 7 trophy season with us. I don't see how we can't let either go.

Not sure why some are so keen to sell either Jesus or Sterling. Who else is realistically available and guaranteed to be an improvement on either of them?

Yes the finishing can be frustrating, but it seems like a confidence thing to me. You cannot fault eithers character and I only see selling them as a weakening our squad.

if he goes to Arsenal we need to charge them properly. they have money, if we accept some shit fee they can go and sign other players for more. they might as well sign a lesser player than Jesus for more money if if we accept shit low fee.

A Saka, Martinelli, Gabriel front thee looks fine on paper. ESR can play left, right and number 10, we should be in for Calvert Lewin, especially if Everton go down, all the while Odegaard in the hole and can also be backed up by ESR.

Our issue is we need two strikers. We cant go all in for Gabriel. 35m would be the high end, given we still need to outlay money for another striker, whether its Jovic or Calvert Lewin. If City want a taker im sure Arteta will put his hand up and make an offer. But its a cash deal only. No Martinelli, Saka, ESR swaps or anything like that.

It all depends on if City will accept a 30-35m offer. Because I reckon we need at least 6 players and I feel we will spend something similar to last season ( 100-120m), and we cant be spending half out budget on one player.
If you think £30-£35 million will get you Gabriel Jesus then you're a complete and utter idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.