Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should sell Sterling and Mahrez in the summer. At least Mahrez as his value is still high.

You guys know City a lot more than I do, but from an Arsenal fan that wants to sign Jesus, his is what I fear could convince him to stay.

Obviously signing Halaand & Alvarez increases the competition for all the forward players so you can see why these guys especially are questioning their future roles with 12 months left on their deals.

However, I think if Jesus is happy with his role on the right side which by all accounts is his preference, then from the outside I'd say Mahrez at 31 seems the most obvious candidate to leave, and you guys also seem open to Sterling leaving as well. The main concern about Sterling of course if who can afford to pay a large transfer fee & his large wage.

Think that's the way Jesus can be convinced to stay. Unless somehow, Edu has convinced him he'll be front and centre at Arsenal & the attack will be built around him & he fancies that challenge, but that flies in the face of him being happier on the right.

Would Gabby play for a team like West Ham? I know its a step down for him, but they have the basis of a really good side there and you add a player like Gab in who would start 30 + PL games a season for them, could be a superb move for him if he did leave.

You guys know City a lot more than I do, but from an Arsenal fan that wants to sign Jesus, his is what I fear could convince him to stay.

Obviously signing Halaand & Alvarez increases the competition for all the forward players so you can see why these guys especially are questioning their future roles with 12 months left on their deals.

However, I think if Jesus is happy with his role on the right side which by all accounts is his preference, then from the outside I'd say Mahrez at 31 seems the most obvious candidate to leave, and you guys also seem open to Sterling leaving as well. The main concern about Sterling of course if who can afford to pay a large transfer fee & his large wage.

Think that's the way Jesus can be convinced to stay. Unless somehow, Edu has convinced him he'll be front and centre at Arsenal & the attack will be built around him & he fancies that challenge, but that flies in the face of him being happier on the right.
Personally I love Gabby. We had huge expectations when he arrived that he'd be the successor to Aguero. He started banging goals in left right & centre & Aguero was his backup, but 2 months in he was injured & by the time he returned Aguero had ironed out his issues with Pep over his style of play & the physical effort he put in & Gabby became the backup & hasn't really kicked on.

Don't get me wrong, he's a top player but we need an Aguero replacement & after essentially 3 years without Kun, we're suffering for it & it seems Gabby isn't the answer. This is why we need a couple of dedicated strikers.

The question is, do we need Gabby as a right winger? Do we have better? Can we get better? If Gabby came on the market today as a right winger, would City be in the hunt for his signature? On that score, I'm not so sure.

That's City's conundrum with Gabby. He's a much loved player whose given his all & never caused us a problem. That alone is worth keeping him for, but again can we do/get better as a right winger? )(

Sterling is out of contract next year, the same as Jesus. Why would you think his transfer fee would be much different to Jesus's? Or even his wage demands perhaps.

Reading on line that arsenal are saying the deal with Jesus is all but done. But they has been no contact between the clubs lol
So that is tapping up ?
From everything I've seen he has permission to look for another club, and was looking last season as well.

Tapping up and agents making speculative enquiries without the clubs permission must happen constantly, but in this case I would guess the club has given his agent permission to look round for options. City probably don't need to get involved until Jesus brings a potential deal to them.

Sterling seems to have had a smacked arse for a while and Mahrez is 31 hopefully we can get decent money for both and save on wages for new players coming in. I’d love to keep Jesus here. If you do get him the lad a is a grafter and a very tricky winger as you say, not a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.