Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only sensible because imo we might have a similar profile in Julian Alvarez. So good as Jesus is, I think his time at the club has come to an end. Will always be respected and held in high regard by me because he's a hard worker, even though it hasn't quite gone the way we imagined, we cannot question his commitment. Always worked his socks off when he played. If he goes good luck to him.

I think there’s every chance that at a different club he goes on to be a superstar.

He just couldn’t handle the Aguero comparisons thrust on him here and Pep (unwittingly) undermined his confidence by taking him in and out of the side to the point where he’s too scared to even play as a 9 now.

Change of scenery, a manager who can take the time to build his confidence up…he can be great either on the wing or as a really well rounded 9.

And that’s why I’d much rather sell him abroad.

I can understand why he would want to move on somewhere he gets more games and is a more major player but it'll be a sad day for me. He works hard, runs all day and despite missing some big chances has also scored his share of important goals. I would be happy to go see him thrive somewhere else as long as he plays poorly against us :)

Jorge Nicola is seen as a joke in Brazil for the amount of things he either makes up or gets disastrously wrong, even if recently he got one or two things right. In this case, I can see this being true only because of Edu Gaspar. Either way, I think we’re looking at a much bigger summer than people realise
You’re probably right. But Matte Moretto has reported the same news about Gabby leaving. I hope he goes abroad rather than to Arsenal. 100% agree about the big transfer window - we will be signing 3/4 players, I think.

a few of my arsenal fan mates are excited to take him. Done a good service.
Agreed. I think Gabby has been great for City playing in many positions but his options will be limited next season and he deserves to be a first choice striker somewhere. I think he would be a good fit for Arsenal and don't begrudge him moving there to stay in the PL. His 100 point goal at Southampton was one of my best moments watching City in over 50 years. He always puts in 100 per cent.

Was really excited when we signed him but never really worked out. Could never really nail down a place in the team and wasn't good enough to be an out and out number nine altough he always gave 100%. Shame but I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.