Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'll say besides all the obvious assets he has, is that there is a mental strength to him that I think will be missed. He is one of the few players you can rely on when City aren't at it to never go missing and even if he's not at the top of his own game, he'll normally offer something to help the team when it's needed. When some players are off it, they are really off it and become passengers.

Yes match winning goals would be nice but football is much deeper than that. Take the FA cup defeat, nobody was at it, Sterling and Grealish looked lost and offered no relief to those behind them. Their heads dropped, which happens to a lot of players in fairness but Jesus' never did. He was the only forward who performed that day(until Mahrez came on), it probably would have been worse without him there. I guess I'm saying, he's one of the players you'd want on the pitch if the team are in the trenches.

I would keep him given the choice but if he wants to go, there is nothing to say.

Last edited:
Said the other day that the minute we paid the clause to get Alvarez here in June that we’d obviously agreed an outgoing, seems like Jesus is the first to be sorted.

Those people slagging off the Twitter sources, it’s quite obviously a leak from somewhere and fuck all to do with guessing, wouldn’t be quite so specific about Arsenal otherwise.

I like Gabby, be sad to see him go, but as @domalino said earlier, his confidence has been destroyed to such a level that he started to believe he wasn’t a striker any more. He needs a move.

I think the problem we've got is he has 1 year left on his deal and he has struggled to play regularly this season. He will struggle even more next year with Alvarez and Haaland (if that gets confirmed) so it may be that Jesus knows this and is pushing to leave. I'd be quite happy if we got £40m for him. We bought him £27m so it'd be a profit on a player who has a year left on his contract. There's no sign that he wants to sign a new deal yet so I wouldn't stand in his way if we got a decent offer and made a profit on him this summer.

I think he'd suit a move away from the PL. He would eventually settle at Arsenal but he'll be carrying more of the baggage from things not going how he wanted at City because PL fans have already made their minds up about him. Arsenal fans can be some of the biggest moaners/drama queens around too and they could quickly turn on him. I doubt they'll notice the more subtle sides of his game and what he offers to a team.

Italy or Spain can be a fresh start for him.

Jorge Nicola is seen as a joke in Brazil for the amount of things he either makes up or gets disastrously wrong, even if recently he got one or two things right. In this case, I can see this being true only because of Edu Gaspar. Either way, I think we’re looking at a much bigger summer than people realize

Big summer and big names too

I think he'd suit a move away from the PL. He would eventually settle at Arsenal but he'll be carrying more of the baggage from things not going how he wanted at City because PL fans have already made their minds up about him. Arsenal fans can be some of the biggest moaners/drama queens around too and they could quickly turn on him. I doubt they'll notice the more subtle sides of his game and what he offers to a team.

Italy or Spain can be a fresh start for him.
I'm sure he will be used to the drama queen's/moaners, have u seen some of the comments on here or in the match thread about him ?? If he does go he will be missed greatly, great squad player and always gives his all for the badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.