Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he still has levels in him and rotation doesnt really help him. the job is massive but i think he is one of the best placed players in world football to master it cos of how good he is in all 4 phases.

Sterling for me is mostly a tap in merchant, Gabby will put a full shitf in and score left, right and centre.

A tap in merchant who is in City's top 10 all time goal scorer list. Not bad. Sterling comes in for stick because when he's low on confidence his whole game seems to be off the boil. But much of the criticism is over the top. Most of the squad have had times when they've been below par or missed chances but they'll not suffer the same fate as Raheem does. Sterling always works hard when he's on the pitch as well, his work rate can never be criticised.

I like Gabby a lot but his record for us isn't as good as you'd expect for someone signed as a number 9. There are reasons for that, but it remains true. I'd like to keep both players if possible though. Gabby's record in the CL is excellent and I think European football would suit him far more than the premier league does. He has to start tonight.

That quote is so melancholic… I hope he knows how appreciated he is
I know what you mean. It must have been a burden since day 1, but I think he handled it very well, despite his age...

I remember in that Cup game recently when he wins the penalty. Joao and Bernardo, I think, approach him to hug him while the boy asks his captain to let him take the penalty. Such a sweat moment, tells you everything about the atmosphere within the squad, Ilkay seems like a father figure to Gabby. Now, following a fantastic performance, he takes the opportunity to thank his teammates once again for letting him score the hat-trick. Which he could have accomplished earlier perhaps, but decided to set up Raz instead. Right or wrong it doesn't matter, in Gabby's mind it was the best option for the team...

Nobody will ever take away his contribution to the team -which goes way beyond goals and assists. And I really really hope there is more to come, with him wearing the City shirt. Like you say, I do hope he knows how appreciated he is. I think he feels the love from both the fans as well as his teammates. He should also know that there was never a case of any comparisons whatsoever. We love Gabby for who he is...

Can't help but feel people's judgement is being swayed by Gabby's four goals the other day; some serious recency bias going one. The reality is both he and Sterling are wildly inconsistent and both are liable to crumble in the pressure cooker, one on one situations. Now admittedly, if we bring in Haaland, their weakness won't be as exaggerated. But I fully expect at least one of them to be gone in the summer.

Can't help but feel people's judgement is being swayed by Gabby's four goals the other day; some serious recency bias going one. The reality is both he and Sterling are wildly inconsistent and both are liable to crumble in the pressure cooker, one on one situations. Now admittedly, if we bring in Haaland, their weakness won't be as exaggerated. But I fully expect at least one of them to be gone in the summer.
100% correct.

IF Jesus played and scored consistently as Saturdays level this club what not be on the verge of splashing bags of cash on Haaland.

Great guy, a wonderful squad player, great temperament but sadly in term of goals and performances far too inconsistent.

My judgement is firmly based on his (and Raheem's) overall record since they arrived at City, not faultless but greatly underrated by too many.

rumours on a 35m bid from Arsenal coming up.

hope its fake, way too cheap for a proven PL player especially his age and skills. Arsenal spent 72m on Pepe, who is half the player and is a big flop. no reason to make a big favour to Arteta. actually he should make a favour to us and get Arse to spend over the odds for him hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.